Complaint Review: Cox Communications

• Submitted: Sat, February 28, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 02, 2009

• Reported By:San Diego California
Cox Communications
5651 Copley Drive San Diego, California U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

Cox Communications, accepted my order, billed me a higher rate, then lied about why they reneged San Diego California

*UPDATE Employee: Re: Billing Issues

Cox sent me an offer for internet services, which I accepted and they sent me a confirmation email with the price of $29.99 for 12 months. They billed me much higher. When I called to complain, they variously said the offer was only good if all offered services were ordered (not true), that it was only good for 3 months (not true), or that I was a current customer and not eligible.

I had previously requested service but had no modem so never had activated service and was not a customer, which they knew. Because they did not notify me that they were reneging on the price they had confirmed to me, they practiced a "bait and switch". Despite numerous calls and emails, their terrible customer service never admitted nor corrected this despicable practice.

Northee
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2009 10:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/San-Diego-California-92111/Cox-Communications-accepted-my-order-billed-me-a-higher-rate-then-lied-about-why-they-r-429563. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cox Communications

Re: Billing Issues

AUTHOR: Coxtech1 - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I apologize for the billing issues you have experienced ordering your service. If you would like assistance correcting these issues please feel free to email me at hrd-hsi.newsgroups@cox.com and I will see what I can do to help.

-- CoxTech1