- Report: #991515
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Cox Communications
Cox CommunicationsInternet United States of America
Cox Communications I have been a Cox Communication business customer more then five years and I am currently running a site that requires a static ip address. Cox Communications Bussiness Atlanta, Internet
The current business prices and service level is not even close to (((competitor's name redacted))). For example Cox communications monthly cost for 4 mb up and 25 mb down is $110.00 per month compared to (((redacted))) business service is $122.00 and the customer gets 70 mb down and 30 mb up on their Internet service.
When it comes to customer service Cox Communications is the worse company. They are just as bad when it comes to pricing and service like (((redacted))) who use to be our old Internet service provider.
01. Cox Communications does understand how the internet works with it comes to dealing their customers.
02. Cox Communications over charge their customers for business solutions compared to (((redacted))).
03. Cox Communications has no respect when dealing with their customers and if they are unhappy with the service they tell you that may you should go find a different provider.
04. Unwilling to deal with massive flooding attacks coming across Cox communication work and it's sometimes effects my outgoing traffic. The company response is it's your problem.
05. (((redacted))) will be in my ready in my area soon.
06. Cox Communications is so cheap they squeak.
07. Cox Communications abuse department does respond or return the customers phone calls.
08. True fact Cox Communication can block traffic if a individual ip address is causing a large amount of traffic or attacking a Cox Communication customer. The conversation I had with Cox on January 4, 2013 at 11:00am I told them that if attack accures the most common cause is that the machine is infected with a computer virus, hacked or running bots. If this happens the machine should be on the internet.
09. Blocks can be placed on a individual ip address by the source and the desination ip address. Cox Communication refuse to place a temporary blocks.
I have been dealing with networks since 1990and I have plenty experience with installing configuring several different operating systems that includes Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Nt, FreeBSD, Linux and Os/2.
Dealing with flooding, denial service attacks and bots can sometime be hard to deal with when you getting a large amount of it at the same time. For example take small pipe and shove a banana down the pipe and on the opposite side try and shove a object through the pipe get my drift?
Trying to deal with service issues with Cox Communications for the past 2 years has been nightmare.
My best advice is if you have Cox Communications as your provider then maybe you should get a different provider, and if Cox Communications is not your provider then I would recommend that you avoid them.
sorry, allowing you to give a competitors name would instigate others to just file against their competition, to only come back later to suggest their company, ..plus, if you post a competitors name more than likely they will show up on search engines as a Rip-off! - - your comments on this policy are welcome. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. In this case we removed an alleged competitors name
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/04/2013 06:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cox-Communications/internet/Cox-Communications-I-have-been-a-Cox-Communication-business-customer-more-then-five-years-991515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.