- Report: #917074
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Cozy Home Rental
Cozy Home Rental1307 SW Harrison Apt #8 Topeka, Kansas United States of America
Cozy Home Rental Scam, Uneducated, In-Hiding, Slum Lords, Con Artists, Scam Rentals Topeka, Kansas
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: This man is confused, seriously
*Consumer Comment: In Regards to Cozy Kim and this former Tenant
*Author of original report: Reply To Cozy Kim's Rebuttal Response
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Cozy Home Rental Mgmt
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This unorganized group of well versed and prison schooled con-men & women offer the "service" of "assisting" those seeking a rental property for a residence. They will kiss your a*s to get you to rent or to persuade you to PAY them to "manage" your rental property. oh yes, COZY KIM sings pretty in the beginning.
For the renter, once you sign the lease; YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN. If you should happen to find out whom owns the property you are renting and attempt to call that person or persons, you will hear from Cozy Kim. She will level threats and use demeaning speech to try and intimidate you into never calling that property owner again. However what the beefaloe is unaware of is Constitutional Rights - both State & Federal. She is also inadequately versed in the Kansas "Residential Landlord and Tenant Act" (see Below)
KS Title 25: 58-2553. Duties of landlord; agreement that tenant perform landlord's duties; limitations.
(a) Except when prevented by an act of God, the failure of public utility services or other conditions beyond the
landlord' s control, the landlord shall:
(1) Comply with the requirements of applicable building and housing codes materially a?ecting health and safety. If the duty imposed by this paragraph is greater than any duty imposed by any other paragraph of this subsection, the landlord' s duty shall be determined in accordance with the provisions of this paragraph;
(2) exercise reasonable care in the maintenance of the common areas;
(3) maintain in good and safe working order and condition all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating,
ventilating and air-conditioning appliances including elevators, supplied or required to be supplied by such landlord;
(4) except where provided by a governmental entity, provide and maintain on the grounds, for the common use by all tenants, appropriate receptacles and conveniences for the removal of ashes, garbage, rubbish and other waste incidental to the occupancy of the dwelling unit and arrange for their removal; and
5) supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times and reasonable heat, unless the building that includes the dwelling units is not required by law to be equipped for that purpose, or the dwelling unit is so constructed that heat or hot water is generated by an installation within the exclusive control of the tenant and supplied by a direct public utility connection.
(History: L. 1975, ch. 290, 14; L. 1982, ch. 230, 2; July 1.
We moved into a property COZY HOME RENTALS purports to manage in December 2011. After a lengthy and strenuous move during a rain storm and driving from Oklahoma to Kansas. We arrived to find no water pressure substantial enough to be diverted to the shower head and maintain that flow. The kitchen was (remains) filled with the stench of something dead and/or sewage. The heater was broken and not working and myself (100% Service Connected - Totally & Permanently Disabled Veteran) and my wife (suffers fibromyalgia and migraines) became very ill. All the closet doors FELL OFF when we opened them, kitchen drawers either did not move or traveled the track's entirety and just came on out.
*Below is an excerpt from an email sent to COZY KIM & COZY HOME RENTAL:
To Whom It May Concern,
Sunday, December 25, 2011 5:51 PM
Hello, we have just begin to settle into the property on Lario LN. Though we are still not done moving from Oklahoma, we wanted to let you know of some problems we have discovered thus far. Some have already been reported to the maintenance man that was here a couple of weeks ago. Others have just come to our attention during our move in.
1. The front door knob does not latch and therefore does not lock. The deadbolt on this door does lock but not the knob. One could easily forget this and leave the home unlocked.
2. The backdoor is nearly the opposite. Though both locks will operate, you must leave the knob unlocked, pull the door as if opening, then lock the deadbolt and press against the door to set the knob lock.
3. The rain gutter in the back of the in it has been torn away from the house. It has been bent straight down and broken off. Several problems exist with this; the gutter is extremely sharp and is at a dangerous level so that anyone could walk into it and become injured. It is also causing great amounts of water to gather near the foundation and the back door.
4. The maintenance man came and checked the heating in it, however it still is not operating properly. The thermostat MUST be set to RUN rather than AUTO or it will merely cycle continuously without ever lighting. Also, to ensure that it relights after heating, the shut off/breaker switch mounted on the side of the in it must be flipped several times before it relights. The heater cycles constantly ALL DAY. At night we must set it at the highest setting to ensure it does go out while we sleep.
5. Both water lines/spigots for the washer are leaking. As is the kitchen faucet. The water pressure is extremely low in the shower, making it almost impossible to redirect water from spigot to shower head.
6. The linen closet door knob is broken entirely. If the door is shut, one must use a knife or screwdriver to 'jimmy' the set latch to open it again.
7. The air conditioner was/is stuck in the ON position and makes a horrible, loud droning noise as if the motor is seized. (We have turned it off at the breaker inside to prevent further damage)
8. The closet doors are all broken and two fell off and out of the tracks hitting Mr. West in the head and knocking him to the floor. We have set these aside and reported this to maintenance.
9. We can not use ANY of the kitchen drawers as they are all broken and or have been set with improper track making them all either not able to pull or if pulled, coming out complete at the end of traversing the tracks.
10. The front yard light has an inoperable light sensor and burns 24hrs a day. We have removed the bulb, but would like to have this repaired if possible. If not, we can do without.
11. The drains seemed to be clogged with an exorbitant amount of hair and 'gunk' that has accumulated over the years. We have cleaned these as much as we are able to. Since cleaning them, the most problematic drain is in the bathroom.
12. The outside storage in its were full of broken furniture, one still remains full of garbage and furniture left from former tenants. We paid to have some of this removed to be able to use one in it. The second, most rear-ward in it is still full.
13. The refrigerator was not set properly or was broken by former tenants. We have had to place some wood underneath the in it in an attempt to level it. It remains in-level and may be damaged by continued use in this position. It has broken and missing shelves and retaining braces inside as well as, one cracked/broken 'crisper' drawer.
14. The caulking around the base of the tub is peeling away and has exposed a very dirty/filthy base line all along the tub. Several tiles on the wall are lose and leaning outward about to come off completely.
15. All heater vents are either broken off, or inoperable due to corrosion, dirt, rust and or many layers of paint build up. One vent does not seem to allow heat to be passed through at all. Others have fallen off or have been torn off by former tenant.
16. We have begin to replace ALL curtain rods as the former were either not installed properly and falling off, or were broken altogether. This is really not an issue a we are able to make the needed repairs. We just wanted to report this as it may pertain to former tenants and or repairman.
(The ONLY repair of the above, outside of those we performed; a man came and cut off the twisted rain gutter - a replacement has yet to be attached.)
The antique AC here costs us over 500 a month to run (more than rent!) and it DOES NOT cool below 81-82 degrees fahrenheit. I would buy and use a window in it, however, the windows have all been installed INCORRECTLY - SIDEWAYS! I wouldn't want Cozy Kim Cozy Home Rentals accusing me of damaging what her intrained and inept 'repair' crew have done.
What is shocking to me, Cozy Kim REFUSED to give me an address where I could drop the rent. (Kansas law dictates that unless the lease specifies, the rent is to be paid AT THE PROPERTY rental) I did find the address and was shocked to discover that it is located in one of the WORST Apartment Buildings in Topeka - in an APARTMENT! The place is a run down filthy slum known for drugs, prostitution, muggings and murder. YES MURDER!
We have retained council and will be proceeding with a lawsuit against BIG COZY KIM & COZY HOME RIPPER in August 2012.
Cozy Home Rental - BE FORWARNED & KEEP AWAY - Both property owners and potential renters.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 05:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cozy-Home-Rental/Topeka-Kansas-66612/Cozy-Home-Rental-Scam-Uneducated-In-Hiding-Slum-Lords-Con-Artists-Scam-Rentals-Topek-917074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.