Complaint Review: Cozy Retreats

• Updated: Tue, February 09, 2010

• Reported By: Jan — Lincolnton Georgia United States of America
Cozy Retreats
Gattlinburg, Tennessee Pigon Forge, Tennessee United States of America

Cozy Retreats, Shirley Mathews, Shirley rented me a cabin for Jan 29 thru Jan 31st I sent her the money she called and said the cabin had water damange and she would have to put us into another cabin. I have tried to call her sever Pigon Forge, Tennessee

I found this cabin on Vacations to go web site, which I thought was a safe site.  She responded to my e-mail this is her directions for me to pay:

Please make your deposit in the amount of $150.00 as follows: Go to: www.obopay.com .....Enter Pay to: 404-862-1089. This is our book keeping department's number. Down in the message box you will enter 3978 only. This is your reservation number. Your confirmation and key code to enter cabin will be emailed to you once we process your payment.

well I got a message after I sent the money through this account stating they are going to have to close the account because of customer complaints about the obopay company.  I called my credit card company filed a dispute they got me the money back.  Shirley said I could send the money by cashiers check becasue of the time frame to rental date.  I sent the money to the address she said was their office, I later found out is belongs to Tammy Reynolds (865) 429-4779 616 Magic Kingdom Ln,Sevierville, TN 37876.  No answer at this number either.  To make a long story short she ripped me off for $300 and never got a cabin and can't get in touch with anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2010 12:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cozy-Retreats/Pigon-Forge-Tennessee-/Cozy-Retreats-Shirley-Mathews-Shirley-rented-me-a-cabin-for-Jan-29-thru-Jan-31st-I-sent-566802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cozy Retreats