Complaint Review: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store

• Submitted: Wed, December 21, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, December 21, 2005

• Reported By:Mt. Pleasant Pennsylvania
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store
154 West Pennsylvania Ave New Stanton, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store screwed me out of employment Ripoff New Stanton Pennsylvania

Cracker Barrel promised me the moon and stars until one day I was accused of doing something that I didn't do (I had proof). They were not interested in proof, all they did was take my job and hours from me. I was reduced to begging for my job and they still took me off the schedule but wouldn't fire me or lay me off. So, I quit and tried to find other employment.

I tried to get another job, but Cracker Barrel gave me a poor reference to all employers that called. After numerous applications submitted and a month later, I applied for Un-Employment. I was only eligible for $69.00 per week that my former employer was paying, but Cracker Barrel lied to the un-employment office and now I can't even get that.

I was told that I was bettering myself by going to work for this company. All that happened is that I don't have a job, I can't get a job and I can't even get compensated for their poor business practices (a whole $69.00 per week, they will fight you for pennies).

Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2005 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cracker-Barrel-Old-Country-Store/New-Stanton-Pennsylvania-15672/Cracker-Barrel-Old-Country-Store-screwed-me-out-of-employment-Ripoff-New-Stanton-Pennsylva-168856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cracker Barrel Old Country Store