Complaint Review: Cracker Barrel

• Submitted: Tue, February 01, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, July 12, 2005

• Reported By:Supply North Carolina
Cracker Barrel
1260 Western Blvd. Jacksonville, North Carolina U.S.A.

Cracker Barrel ripoff accepted fraudulent checks Jacksonville North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Some Suggestions advised AGAINST having anything other than your name & address imprinted on your check.

I had someone steal checks out of my purse and they wrote them to the Cracker Barrel in Jacksonville and in Wilmington NC. I have my name and drivers license number on my checks in the hopes that companies will ask for id in case something like this happens.

The first check was written on the 21st of January and then at another Cracker Barrel on the 22nd. I do not understand why companies just let people like me fall between the cracks. I work in the customer service industry and I understand and use policies that will protect my guests' credit information. I just wish that other companies did the same for me. Be very careful with your checks and credit cards. Do not expect the companies to cover you! EVER!!!

Kimberly
Supply, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2005 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cracker-Barrel/Jacksonville-North-Carolina-28541/Cracker-Barrel-ripoff-accepted-fraudulent-checks-Jacksonville-North-Carolina-129753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cracker Barrel

AUTHOR: Lauri - (U.S.A.)

I find it hard to understand how Cracker Barrel is the rip off.

I know for at LEAST the past 10 years, banks & credit unions have advised AGAINST having anything other than your name & address imprinted on your check.

If you choose to have your drivers license #, telephone #, and/or your social security # imprinted on your check, there is no liability to the merchant.

If your d/l # wasn't imprinted on the check, then the cashier would have HAD to see the physical license to get the information, preventing them from accepting the check, and possibly resuting in the arrest of the party/parties that stole your checks.

continuity