Complaint Review: Cracker Barrel

200 Front Royal Pike Winchester, Virginia United States of America

Cracker Barrel FOREIGN OBJECTS IN FOOD Winchester, Virginia

*Consumer Suggestion: Glass in your food is a SERIOUS issue

*Consumer Comment: It seems

*Author of original report: Non functioning website

*Consumer Comment: Sorry...

On April 2, 2011 My family and I went to the Cracker Barrel in Winchester, VA for my mother in law's birthday.  I ordered the Smothered Chicken Tenderloin with green beans and coleslaw.  About halfway thru the meal I noticed something hard and crunchy in my food and chalked it up to burnt pieces of bacon.  Towards the end of the meal I felt a sharp piece in my mouth..  I spit it out and discovered it was a piece of porcelain (like from a broken plate).

I immediately notified my waitress and she took the piece and spoke with her manager who immediately came to our table.  They gave me my meal for free but didn't tell me how they were going to remedy the situation.  I later discovered that the pieces were strewn through my coleslaw and as I tested the coleslaw it tasted and felt like gritty sand paper and since they just scoop this stuff out of a huge tub it was probably served to countless others.  Even after we reported this incident they were still serving coleslaw to other patrons.

I felt they didn't take my complaint seriously enough.  Yes they did give me my meal for free but to still serve coleslaw to other people puts them in danger.  They should have given our whole meal for free and stopped serving the coleslaw.  Now my stomach is hurting and I am nauseous and if it continues tomorrow I am going to have to get to the ER for them to check it out.  Needless to say I will never eat at The Cracker Barrel in Winchester, VA again

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2011 06:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Cracker-Barrel/Winchester-Virginia-22602/Cracker-Barrel-FOREIGN-OBJECTS-IN-FOOD-Winchester-Virginia-713134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Cracker Barrel

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Glass in your food is a SERIOUS issue

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Better go get yourself checked for internal bleeding.  Have you had any blood in your $hit?

If so its time to consider some legal f'n action baby!

It seems

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Yet you are well enough to file a RipOff Report.  As for going to the ER...tommorow.  That is almost like somone who says there is a fire in their kitchen, but they will wait until tommorow to see if it gets any worse before they decide to call the fire department.  If you think you are sick enough for the ER then you probably should have gone to the ER first.

You obviously were there long enough after this happened to notice that they were still serving the cole slaw.  I am sure that you were watching those people as well.  Did any of them appear to have the same issue?  Probably not or you would have mentioned it.  How about anyone else in your group?  Again probably not.  So how do you know that they didn't take corrective action?

Look if these pieces caused you injury of course they should be responsible.  So if you had something like a broken tooth(and that could have been very likely) they would be responsible for that.  But it just seems that you are more upset that only your meal got "comped" instead of your entire table.

By the way how many people were in your group?

Non functioning website

AUTHOR: kyrandia - (United States of America)

Went to their website last night to file a complaint and both their online complaint form and online consumer suggestion form is non functioning.  I tried last night and this morning.

Sorry...

AUTHOR: Brian - (United States of America)

I don't see the ripoff.  They comped you for your meal.  Your report doesn't state anything about a problem with your family's meals, so no reason for the manager to comp them.  As for the coleslaw, do you know for a fact that they didn't open a new tub?  No reason to stop serving it if they did.  As for your stomach pain and nausea, it's probably all in your head.  It will probably go away after you've calmed down.