Complaint Review: Craftmatic

• Updated: Fri, March 30, 2012

• Reported By: mamacats — Rockville Maryland USA
Craftmatic
3580 Gateway Drive Internet United States of America

Craftmatic Eric Kraftshaw Craftmatic kept $780 of my 86 year old mother's money Internet, Internet

I ordered a bed online, before delivery I was told by my mother's nursing home that they needed to have the specs before the bed could be delivered to my mothers room. I called to get the specs but the sales people I spoke with didnt know the answers. Eric, of Craftmatic, offered to speak with the nursing home and told me that he could provide them with the specs they needed. After Eric spoke with the nursing home he told me that another type of bed, a LOW bed should have been ordered. So Eric made the change.

When the LOW bed was delivered to the nursing home my mother was not able to get into it. It was too high! My mom is 86 years old and very disabled. The delivery people took the bed away with them immediately.

Craftmatic did not return all of the money we had paid; they kept $290 FOR EACH BED, calling it a re-stocking fee. We were never at any time told that this could happen; there was no paperwork that stated this policy.

Can they really keep $780 of my mothers money like that? Is that even lawful?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craftmatic/internet/Craftmatic-Eric-Kraftshaw-Craftmatic-kept-780-of-my-86-year-old-mothers-money-Internet-861520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craftmatic