Complaint Review: Craig Chrest

• Updated: Mon, March 04, 2013

• Reported By: Hal Barr — The Woodlands Texas United States of America
Craig Chrest
12841 Jones Road, Houston TX 77070 Internet United States of America

Craig Chrest Executive Headhunter Group, Top Gun Headhunter Group They tell a good story but don't deliver. Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I worked for this firm. Complaints are true.

*Consumer Suggestion: Response to D. Robinson

*Consumer Comment: Update on Status

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False statements

*Consumer Comment: Update on Status

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: 5 weeks in Correction

*Consumer Comment: 5 Weeks in.....

*Consumer Comment: Agree with the previously stated comments

*Consumer Suggestion: Do Not Waste Your Money or Time with Craig Chrest or Top Gun Executive Group

Craig is the consummate salesman and rip off artist. He tells a convincing story but once the money is paid don't look for any results. They profess a high placement rate but I did not see any results. In 90 days I had 1 true interview and did get to the last choice. Otherwise the reporting of contacts is worthless as no names, companies or conversations are available. If I tried to pass of what they did for confirmations of contacts in any job I had I would be fired immediately. When ever I called I was always intercepted by an underling and was then told to email Craig if I wanted a response. When I question what was going on and made my displeasure know, the response I received was " it is what it is". Very unprofessional and truly a waste of money, time and fraudulent in their methods.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2012 09:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craig-Chrest/internet/Craig-Chrest-Executive-Headhunter-Group-Top-Gun-Headhunter-Group-They-tell-a-good-story-962629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craig Chrest

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

I worked for this firm. Complaints are true.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I worked for this firm for 4 years. The reason I left is because of Craig Chrest's unethical business practices. He constantly lies to interested executives, making promises he never intends to keep. His business model sounds ideal, but this business is not where you will obtain a job, only the loss of money. You will start stressing within 1-2 weeks, because what you get for your money is nothing.

The complaint mentions a reference by the name of Arnold Shector. Mr. Shector is one of the success stories, so of course he would give a great compliment. They suceesses are far and few between. During the 4 years I worked for this company, there were only 5 placements made. There were 4 recruiters, each of us handling 30 clients. Over 120 clients while I was there, and only 5 placements? Does that tell you anything? Beware!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Response to D. Robinson

AUTHOR: gotyme - ()

All information contained herein regarding my concerns was dervied from with my direct involvment or was passed along by ETG Search.  PE Firms mentioned were disclosed by both Craig Chrest and Wesley Strauss.  Haivng personally dealt the PE space I undrestand it well....I contend once the mentioned firms learn of thier association, they will weigh in on the matter and either substantiate the relationship or quickly distance themselves.

It's apparent the collaboration between DBR and ETG was well orchestrated....emails directed soley to Mr. Robinson were replied to by members of ETG.

Having agency relationships creates irrefutable responsiblities...ones that should be very carefully examined prior to engagement.

Update on Status

AUTHOR: gotyme - ()

Since my last post 7/11 things have unfortunately gone from bad to worse.

All phones call to Wesley Strauss have gone without a response...the weekly updates as promised have ceased since payment in full was recieved.

Upon requesting a refund as services promised were not delivered, I get this from Mr. Chrest, goes by (CR)

Our media relations group has advised our legal department they confirmed a pursuable violation of mutual confidentality clause. Additionally, I have been informed by our legal department we will likely join in the briefing efforts of the individual mentioned along with this firm in pursuit of the confidentiality clause which identifies electronic print.  Additionally, we have asked to join the legal efforts to pursue libel/slander in civil court since both parties have been negatively impacted by the online posting.

This should be interesting.  I welcome the opportunity to share my experiences, I suspect many will come forward with similiar stories.

Using aliases, no cell phones, fictious positions and recruiters...

BEWARE....of these guys, Wesley Strauss and Craig Chrest, CR, are pro's.  Unfortunately, in today litigous environment, fakes, frauds and scammers find it very difficult to perpetuate their scams.

I may be wrong, perhaps when they deliver, the URL's and phone and email records....from all the alleged connections and activity it may prove to be legitimate......but I think if that were the case the would merely provide the services promised, answer the phone or refund the money.

Stay tuned.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False statements

AUTHOR: dbr63 - ()

This is D. Robinson from DBROperations. It has recently come to my attention that libelous comments were being posted on this consumer website and after looking through them, I have to say I am completely shocked. We offer opportunities, not handouts. I spent my career in private equity and it is clear to me that author of these comments has no clue about how things work in "PRIVATE" equity space. The author obviously does not understand the need for privacy and has unrealistic expectations. Recruiting firms like etg search provide us their recommendations and we accept no responsibility of the claims made by your recruiter. We utilize recruiting firms like etg to provide us their recommendations. But we are very particular about what candidates we present to the board. They must be experienced leaders, exemplary, honest and above reproach.

It is unfortunate that this site allows for unfounded claims made by anyone, about anyone.  The statements herein are not only false and misleading, but libelous.  The author has opened himself to a serious law suit by making statements that are unfounded and unsupported.

Author has dragged us into matter which should have been resolved with the recruiter. These comments have forced us to reconsider our relationship and strategy with etg search. It is unfortunate that irresponsible behavior of this "executive" has jeopardize the integrity of our interview process for this position and forced us to withdraw 4 qualified candidates recommended by etg recruiters.

I request everyone to exercise caution and avoid any mention of my name or company name in this discussion or risk legal liability. We have retained the services of Perkins Coie, New York for removal of libelous comments and pursue legal action against the author once we confirm his identity with etg search.

Update on Status

AUTHOR: gotyme - ()

More interesting events.  After a number of attempts to contact the Recruiter ETG arranged for my interview on behalf of the firms, Gores, Charter House and Apax, the recruiter has still failed to answer his work number listed.  Interstingly though, whenever I send an email to him, I get a response.  My suspicion is it's a bogus email account monitiored by ETG to give the appearance of another firm.  I suspect the website of this "other" firm, DBROperations is a ghost company created by ETG and monitored by ETG to help them facilitate the appearance of work being competed.

Mr. Strauss, my recuiter now enters his 5th week of "traveling" without a single contact.  According to Raj and Mr. Craig Chrestat ETG he is visiting PE firms in NYC.  I requested an update on his work the past 5 weeks, how many PE firms can you visit in 5 weeks?  I am curious to learn of his results.

I suspect Mr. Strauss will continue to extend his travels, but I will keep you posted

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

5 weeks in Correction

AUTHOR: gotyme - ()

Typo, my Recruiter was Wesley Strauss, NOT Wesly Krauss.

5 Weeks in.....

AUTHOR: gotyme - ()

Five weeks since I have retained the services of Mr. Wesley Krauss and Mr. Craig Chrest.  Mr, Krauss offered an Arnold Schecter, VP of Sales for Kleen Maid, as a reference, who I did locate on LinkedIn and talked with. As expected nothing but great things to say.  You will NOT find Wesley Krauss or Craig Chrest on LinkedIn.  He was to provide another, reference,  but he assured me I would have an interview before, "he was in contact with another Executive placement"...which if program was implemented as he shared, 45 PE firms contacted, 3/day...seems very strange.

Oberservations:  Mr. Krausss does not own a cell phone.....????? possibly the only person over the age of 13 I know who doesn't. lol

Mr. Chrest, choses to go by Mr. Craig....odd.....unless it's an effort to dissasscoitate himself from the activity of his firms:  ETG Search, TopGunheadhunter. He is NOT listed on the corporate website, anywhere.

The one alleged interview was with a firm known as DRG Operations and a Mr. Derreck Robinson, another recruiter and NOT a Portfolio Manager as Mr. Krauss indicated.  Shotty website and after no less than 20 attempts to reach by phone, it goes straight to voice mail, no recording, nothing.....standard cel phone recording.  Signature line on his email lacks any contact information of confiedntiality dislcosure, clearly inconsistent to what one would expect acting as a agent of well known PE Firms. Also address listed is incomplete and cannot be located via GoggleEarth.

Website:  dbroperations.com

Copy of email from DBR Operations: note no signature line or confidentiality notice.

Mr. *********,

An individual investor has made a request that will put the hiring process for this Project out approximately 4-6 weeks.  I would encourage you to get with your agency and keep them updated on your availability. I will do the same.

Sincerely,

DRobinson

The PE firms represented, Gores, Charter House and Apax both Mr. Krauss and Mr. Chest have  alleged placements and contacts, yet they are unable to substantiate the deal Mr. Robinson presented.  Mr. Robinson's acumen on the phone interview was unprofessional at best and not the kind of agent the PE Firms presented would likey engage with.  True to the effort the PE firms meeting to take a decision on the matter never occurred and has been pushed back 4-6 weeks.  Let's wait to see if another round of marketing is solicted and another attempt at $1500 is made...

We'll see what materializes.....Mr. Craig, Craig Chrest, scheduled a call and did not post on 6/19 and has re-scheduled for 6/21 3pm cst.

I hope to have nothing but good news to report.  I'l be the first to write a very positive review.  Things happen, calls need to get rescheduled and on the rare occassion one gets surprised.  I hope thats the case, but given the nature of things thus far.......I would more than pleasantly surprised.

Stay tuned for updates.

Agree with the previously stated comments

AUTHOR: Tired of being taken - (United States of America)

I too am a victim of this scam. Recently unemployed, I was looking for assistance and of course they promised me the moon.  Being stupid and vulnerable (which is no excuse for just being plain stupid on my part), i subscribed to their service.  Wouldn' t you know it, within 2 weeks of their "marketing efforts" I had an interview.  I did great and was told to expect a trip to New York, never happened.

But I was so excited to have an interview, I signed up for another 3 weeks of marketing.  This time, I heard from this lady in England who had many contacts and available jobs. Once again, no follow up and no job.  I give these guys credit, they are running a sophisticated scam of people. If anyone has a desire to sue them, count me in.  I am not in it for the money but at least to break even.  Bottom line: stay away!!

#9 Consumer Suggestion

Do Not Waste Your Money or Time with Craig Chrest or Top Gun Executive Group

AUTHOR: Do Not Use These Guys! - (United States of America)

I totally agree and will be posting my own rip off report shortly...  My own experiences with Craig Chrest and Top Gun Executive Group mimic the same low level of service, little if any positive results and, what appear to be, fraudulent activity posing as an executive search group.  Avoid these guys.