• Report: #1091926

• Reported By: Anonymous — Alabama
Craig Maybee
Internet USA

Craig Maybee 95 JEEP WRANGLER SCAM Pennsylvania Internet

My friend was looking for a new car and came across this ad in a free car sales internet page. She sent the seller a message and waited for him to reply. After about 3 days he replied and said that he was in the Air Force. This is what he said," I'm an 1st Lt. in the USAF, currently stationed in Aviano, Italy for next two years.
Ok. $2500 is my last price.
The reason of selling it, is that i am unable to obtain a European Certificate of Conformity in Italy because this Jeep meets US standards. Changing the standards to Italy standards will require modifications, paper work and high costs.

This is the first time selling my Jeep online. I want you to see, drive and inspect the Jeep before you decide to buy it and for that we need a legal business-specialized company to handle the entire process for us. We will use eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection (VPP).

You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the Jeep. ONLY AFTER you receive the Jeep and inspect it eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected.
If you will not be satisfied with the Jeep, you can refuse the Jeep and ask for a full refund of your deposit, no questions asked. I will find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to send the Jeep back.
I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped by plane with US Air Military Jeepgo and it will not cost me anything.
You will receive the Jeep in about 4-5 days. The Jeep will arrive at the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place.

If you want to move forward, I will need your full name, shipping address and phone number. Once I will receive your details, i will open the transaction with eBay Motors, and they will send us the transaction details."

i am so glad that we googled it before we sent the money and saw so many people being scammed by this type of thing. I'm appalled at people using the military to scam people. It disgusts me more than anything. Hope I helped some of you! Always do research before trusting people!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/14/2013 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craig-Maybee/internet/Craig-Maybee-95-JEEP-WRANGLER-SCAM-Pennsylvania-Internet-1091926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craig Maybee