Complaint Review: Craign Forchetti Pools

• Updated: Sun, May 05, 2013

• Reported By: Jason — Pennsylvania
Craign Forchetti Pools
Po Box 213 Morrisville, Pennsylvania U.S.A. Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA

Craig Forchetti & A-1 Pools and Spas Service was good, felt taken advantage of on price Morrisville Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: a1 forchetti pools resolved !

*Author of original report: Spoke with Craig

*UPDATE Employee: A1 Forchetti Pools were Fantastic !

I purchased a house with a pool in the fall of 2012.  I don’t know anything about pools and figured I would use a professional company to do the closing, opening, and likely weekly maintenance until I learned.

I hired Craig in the Fall of 2012 to do the closing.  The cost was $500.  It took his guys 3-4 hours to complete the job.  I thought they did a great job and were very thorough.  $500 sounded like a lot at first, but when I saw all the work that went into it I felt good about spending the money.  One of the guys (George) was clearly the expert, while the other younger guy was more of a helper.

My wife reached out to Craig again this spring to do the opening.  At first he told us the price would be $400.  During a subsequent conversation he raised the price to $500 because we had an Aqualink system (he said it would take additional time to do all the programming).  $500 sounded fair given what the closing cost and how long it took.

His guys were done in about 30 minutes.  They took off the cover, replaced the plugs and sprinkled a bag of chemicals into the pool.  That was it.  They didn’t know anything about how the Aqualink worked and did nothing to program it.  They did nothing to clean all the leaves out of the pool or anything else.  I was tempted to write out the check for $400 given that the difference between the $400 and $500 service was the Aqualink and they didn’t do anything with it, but I figured I’d just call Craig.

I called Craig and basically said I felt taken advantage of.  His response was to tell me how much he was charging other people for jobs.  He referenced replacing a liner that took 2 hours and charging something like $3,500 (although I assume that has a materials cost associated with it, as opposed to the opening which was simply 2 guys labor costs for 30 min and a small bag of chemicals that can be bought on Amazon for $10 to $20).  Basically, he got me.

It’s also worth noting that he seems to go by a lot of different names.  When I hired him in the fall it was Craig Forchetti pools.  This spring the invoice shows “A-1 Pools and Spas“.  When I vrote out the check the guy (George again, who was again fantastic) told me to make it out to Vance Forchetti.  If you do some quick Google research you’ll see these guys have somewhat of a history.  I’m a member of Angies List as well and while Craig Forchetti is not listed, but A-1 is.  Their rating is a D.

I thought the guys that came to my house did a great job, I just think $500 for a 30 minute job with essentially no cost in materials was outrageous.  Maybe it’s shame on me for not doing my homework.  Again, I want to emphasize that the SERVICE was fine.  If you're not worried about the money using this guy might be a good move.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2013 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craign-Forchetti-Pools/Morrisville-Pennsylvania-19067/Craig-Forchetti-A-1-Pools-and-Spas-Service-was-good-felt-taken-advantage-of-on-price-M-1048568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craign Forchetti Pools

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

a1 forchetti pools resolved !

AUTHOR: Craig forchetti pools and spas - ()

I had a friendly talk with jason and glad to say that we both came eye to eye in an understanding (after seeing the open proceedure) that he is capable in opening the pool himself in the future and would like to save the $495 charge but would hire us perform the Closing in the future because it is more difficult and he feels $495 is a fair Price for Service. I  thank  jason for his understanding and all is well an hopefully we will be there for him in the future. Craig A1 Forchetti Pools

Spoke with Craig

AUTHOR: Jason - ()

So I spoke with Craig.  Sounds like we had a miscommunication up front about what the exact service would be.  Maybe the miscommunication was me and my wife, maybe it was my wife and Craig, no way to know.  At the end, I think they did what was agreed to do.  Craig says $500 is market for this kind of service.  Maybe that’s the case, I have no way of knowing.  After seeing how easy it was I’ll handle the opening in the future.  As for the closing, I still think $500 was a fair price and I’d use them again for that.

A1 Forchetti Pools were Fantastic !

AUTHOR: Craig forchetti pools and spas - ()

I am craig forchetti a employee of A1 Forchetti Pools & Spas. The person complaining about our company is Jason Haft. I never Spoke to jason Haft, I spoke to his wife Leah Haft. We  Closed their Pool last fall for $495. They were  Happy with us and thats why Leah Haft Called us back to Open her pool this Year. I was very Clear about the price of $495 to open her Pool & SPa. the Aqua link has nothing to do with the Opening Proceedure. It is Programed from the initial Pool Installation. Jason Haft does not have his Facts correct because we never spoke to him.. He did in fact sign the Contract agreeing to Pay the $495.

I wonder why he waited till we finished , the FANTASTIC Service as he states, to ask for a discount. Please note that I sent two Crew Leaders out and they were able to open the pool in only 40 minuets because of their 20 year experiance each. Leah haft asked about the possibility of us orientating the complete pool proceedure to them and was told that it was not part of the open proceedure since the pool water would be too low to turn on and that that was a seperate charge for a seperate day for the seperate sevice call. However i did offer her a discount for that sevice but assurred her i could most likkley help her for free  via phone  and to call if questions. Jason haft is happy with the service but wants a discount after the fact so he is now slanering our good name. I can be reached at 215 598-9090