Complaint Review: Craigslist ODell Scam Took Money for Lallo Tix

• Reported By: Linda — Suburban Chicago Illinois
Craigslist ODell Scam Took Money for Lallo Tix
Nationwide USA

Donald ODell Craigslist Scam Took $300 for Lallo Tix Chicago IL Nationwide

*Author of original report: Where are you consolidating info on ODell?

Add my 17 year old to the list of people scammed in July 2014 by O'Dell. My kid, unbeknownst to us, went to a WalMart and wired ODell $300.  My husband and I found out when ODell asked for the remainder of the money, and we said No. At the time, ODell was "in Florida on business." You know the rest of the story - no Lallo tix, No ODell. (And yes, we had a long talk about Internet fraud with our son.)

We want to get the money back and put ODell in jail. Someone on this thread said they had filed a police report with the Chicago PD.

I have a suggestion.  CPD mom, Can you please:

1) Post the name of the precinct and NUMBER of your CPD report (you do not need to put your name on here - let's just get ONE report going).

2) Put the officer's contact number of the precinct on here so we can ALL call and add to the SAME report - the more they have the more likely it is they will either get ODell or get a warrant out for this guy.  Since ODell had a Chicago address, CPD can probably take all of our reports - even though we (probably) live in different cities. WE are in suburban Chicago.

3)  I have contacted Craigslist's legal department. They, in my opinion, bear some responsiblity since my kid (and at least one other on this thread) is a MINOR. They will do nothing without a CPD or State's Attorney report - so let's get the CPD report going ASAP.

4) GO back and get the link for the Craigslist e-mail.  ODell had to post from a computer, each computer has a "fingerprint" or ISP address. This may allow the State's Attorney to trace the computer and find ODell.

Here is the info ODell gave my son: Donald ODell, 4435 Sawyer Ave, Chicago IL, 60632, phone (312) 402-7464. Money was wired to him from a WalMart. AS of this morning the "mailbox is full" on that phone.

Let's work together to find ODell and recover our money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2014 05:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craigslist-ODell-Scam-Took-Money-for-Lallo-Tix/nationwide/Donald-ODell-Craigslist-Scam-Took-300-for-Lallo-Tix-Chicago-IL-Nationwide-1167725. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craigslist ODell Scam Took Money for Lallo Tix

Where are you consolidating info on ODell?

AUTHOR: Linda - ()

Please post where the group is "meeting" to consolodate efforts to file charges and arrest ODell?

Or, is there a way to send messages on the site to put a group together?

Time is passing. While ODell may have gotten our money, I predict he is in the Chicago area. Let's move on this - thanks.