Complaint Review: Craigslist Scammers - Gabriella Barney

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 08, 2012

• Reported By: Megan_K_Sacramento — Sacramento California United States of America
Craigslist Scammers - Gabriella Barney
2455 Lexus Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80910 Internet United States of America

Craigslist Scammers - Gabriella Barney Lisa Xavier Buyer requests seller to pay shipping fees Western Union to fake shipping company. Buyer "fake" pays through PayPal. Sacramento, Colorado Springs, Internet

Fake buyers on Craigslist.
Buyer emailed wanting to buy an item I had for sale. We emailed back and forth, buyer asked for my home address so they could get a costs from their shipping company. I did not want to give my address out until I knew it was real, so I gave them a restaurants address down the street. I then received a fake shipping company email from "FedEx." None of the emails matched up. The buyer then wanted me to give them my PayPal email so they could pay shipping costs and then have me pay shipping costs via Western Union.

Here is the string of emails. (my info is taken out for privacy, but the scammers info is left in):

Final email (from the fake FedEx account):

From: shanbrandy004@gmail.com; on behalf of; Fedex Freight <pickup_agentpost@techemail.com>

Fedex Freight

Dear Megan _______,

We are in receipt of Barney Gabriella order to  (BodyBilt Petite High Back Executive Office Chair).

We will like you to kindly confirm your address where the (BodyBilt Petite High Back Executive Office Chair), will be picked up. Below is the address given to us:

Full Name: Megan _______,
Full Address: ____ El Camino Ave., Sacramento, CA 95815 USA

However, we would like to know if the above address is correct and accurate so we can calculate the pick up and delivery cost.

For further information, Please reply to this message with any question you might have.

Lisa Xavier,
Manager,
For World Wide Air Delivery
Fedex Freight@post.com
(email hyperlinked to: mailto:Expressmaildelivery@post.com)

****************************************
This  message  may contain  confidential and  privileged  information.If you are not the  intended recipient  you should not  disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents.  To do so is strictly  prohibited and may be unlawful.Please  inform  the  sender that  this  message has  gone astray before deleting it.

Previous string of emails:

From Barney:

Am in 2455 Lexus Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80910,i trust your word and i believe what you have said that the unit is in good condition that is the reason have arrange for the shipping company that will come for the pick up,so once i have the address where the unit will be pick up i will forward it to the company to calculable the pick up cost for me..awaiting your reply
Regards

On Sun, Oct 7, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Megan __________ <_________@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Gabriella,

Youll have to excuse me but the way your email is worded, it sounds like a phishing email. To put my mind at ease, please let me know the name of the shipping company, Id like to see if I can drop it off instead of giving my address. Id be more than happy to send you some pics of the chair, or even take the chair unboxed to the shipping company so they can see the condition.

I do have another person interested, but you were the first to respond, so I will wait to hear back from you.

Megan __________
_________@gmail.com
916-###-####

From: Barney Gabriella [mailto: dm035354@gmail.com ]
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2012 11:03 PM
To: Megan _____

Subject: Re: BodyBilt Petite High Back Executive Office Chair - $1000 (Sacramento, CA) Date: 2012-10-04, 3:53PM PDT

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details. So Sad im buying this for myself(im an handicapped and i need it to move myself), for this reason, I will not be able to come and see it and i would have call but due to the nature of my health i can speak loader so am not using phone, but I will take your word that its in good condition. Just to let you know that you will not be responsible for shipping and handling. I have made an arrangement with a shipping company That will come to your location for pick up. Kindly provide me your full name and address, so i can forward it to the shipping company to calculate the pick up cost for me. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craigslist-Scammers-Gabriella-Barney/internet/Craigslist-Scammers-Gabriella-Barney-Lisa-Xavier-Buyer-requests-seller-to-pay-shipping-f-952417. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craigslist Scammers - Gabriella Barney