Complaint Review: Craigslist

• Reported By: AMB — Stratford Connecticut
Craigslist
Internet USA

Craigslist Selling Cell-Phone on Craigslist SCAMMER ALERT Internet

I put my AT&T LG Nitro up for sale on Craigslist for $150 in the Connecticut listings.

The phone is worth about $700 retail so $150 seems fair. The phone is in mint condition.

I get a text message from phone number (323)523-5056. This is some kind of Google phone service because when I called it said "Please wait while Google voice connects you."

The person offers me the $150 for the phone which is what I asked. Then they said they would send me $250 through Paypal for shipping and cost of phone. I said no. This is phone will only be sold to someone local and in person. CASH only. I said I won't be scammed. I have done research on ripoffreport.com about these kind of situations.

Then the person said, I am not trying to scam you. How about Western Union? Another red flag. I told the person I was not born yesterday and there is no way I am accepting payments through Western Union or Paypal. When I mentioned to this person I called their number and said it was a Google service, they stopped texting me.

Come on! Seriously? This person wouldn't even give me their name. A lot of good people have been scammed like this and I will not be one of them. Especially since I am selling this phone for my wife.

Beware of situations like this people. Watch out for weird phone numbers too. Call the number to see if it is legit. People go on Craigslist all the time to scam others.

Hope this report helps others out there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craigslist/internet/Craigslist-Selling-Cell-Phone-on-Craigslist-SCAMMER-ALERT-Internet-1056587. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craigslist