• Report: #1021917

• Updated: Fri, March 01, 2013

• Reported By: chevala — conyers Georgia United States of America
Craigslist,ebay financial department
153E glenwood drive Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Craigslist,ebay financial department Janet w.Gibson, Bryan Eric carson financialy robbed me Birmingham , Alabama

*Consumer Comment: Pennysaverusa

*Consumer Comment: why, why, why

*Consumer Comment: It's a shame that the red and bold text didn't get your attention

I wanted a nice cash car so I took to the internet to search like millions do daily.when I saw my dream car it was perfect. The color and price so I emailed the lady to let them know I was interested in the car which was a 2003 Nissan Altima she emailed me more info about the car and to my surprise it was the perfect car.so I told her I wanted to check the car out. She then told me she moved to ND for her job and that she can have the shipped to me after I told her I lived in Atlanta. She then told me about ebay motors financial department acting as a neutral third party to protect both me and her. That she could sent them my info and that ebay would email me back more information. So about 30min later she emailed me and asked if I had gotten the email from eBay I told her no she told me to check my spam. So I did and it looked just like eBay's web page so I thought everything was legit after reading everything. [continued below]....
..... It read to wire the money suing money in minutes to FAX over the mtcn number and after payment was confirmed the seller was to proceed in shipping me the car and in 3 business days if seller didn't comply I would receive full refund. Well after the payment posted I stopped getting emails from Janet the seller and after the ebay agent Bryan Eric Larson received payment the emails from eBay's financial department stopped to. So I immediately calked western union to check my opinions it was to late funds were collected already so I filed a fruad alert and contacted my local city police to make a report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2013 06:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Craigslistebay-financial-department/Birmingham-Alabama-35209/Craigslistebay-financial-department-Janet-wGibson-Bryan-Eric-carson-financialy-robbed-1021917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Craigslist,ebay financial department

Pennysaverusa

AUTHOR: Sapphire22 - ()

they are on the Pennysaverusa.com as well PLEASE

why, why, why

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I feel sorry that you apparently got ripped off- but -  Why in the world would you buy any car from anyone on the internet without seeing it in person or at the very least, have some independent, reliable person or company check it out.  That would not only reveal any issues with the car itself but also the person or outfit your trying to deal with.

I can't understand why anyone would do that.

It's a shame that the red and bold text didn't get your attention

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You were ripped off because you ignored the following fraud alerts that were displayed when you clicked on the cars+trucks link on the craigslist web site.

How to recognize a vehicle scam attempt on CL:

Shipping a vehicle to you is suggested by seller - Offers to ship a vehicle are virtually 100% fraudulent

eBay Motors or another intermediary is specified by seller - eBay has no involvment in craigslist for sale ads, and any eBay or similar emails or web pages you receive are fake

Payment by Western Union or a money wire is requested - only a scammer will ask for this, and any funds sent will be lost

Do not buy vehicles sight-unseen, regardless of low price. The vehicle does not exist, and any money you send will be lost.