Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Reported By: Blue — Winter Springs Florida
Credit Acceptance
25505 West Twelve Mile Road Southfield, Michigan USA

Credit Acceptance SCAM-LIERS-HORRIBLE Southfield Michigan

*Consumer Comment: They did nothing for you?

I bought a car and used Credit Acceptance as my lender to help my credit.  I just recently went to a car dealership to see if I could trade my vehical in.  The dealership came back with my credit report and Credit Acceptance has not reported to the credit buearu in over two years.  So its pretty much like I never bought a car and if I get a new car I have to start from scratch.  I called Credit Acceptance fuming!  They told me they report to the credit buearu on the 15th of every month.  They are liers, scammers and rude on the phone.  I dont think I have ever spoke with a nice, helpful individual.  DO NOT go with this company.  I am regretting it and I am so sick of dealing with them.  Why have I been making on time payments when they are doing nothing for me?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-/-Southfield-Michigan/Credit-Acceptance-SCAM-LIERS-HORRIBLE-Southfield-Michigan-1068450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

They did nothing for you?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Umm..they agreed to let you borrow several thousand dollars of their money when no one else would in order for you to get a car.

Now, it is inconvienent that they are not reporting..but not a RipOff.  There is actually no law or regulation that requires a company to report to the Credit Bureaus.  The only requirement is that if they do report to them that what they report must be accurate.   So yes yours is technically not accurate...but the catch is that if you disute it..they may just remove the entire line.  And some positive is better than no positive reporting.

You should also not be relying on a single line of credit..one car loan is not going to turn your credit from poor to great.  You should have been doing other things as well.  This includes not only taking care of the negatives, but getting other smaller lines of credit such as a credit card.

Also, you are aware that there are 3 main Credit Reporting Agencies.  Did the dealer show you all 3 reports or just 1?   Many times a company may only report to 1 or 2 of them and not all 3.

drugs