Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp

• Updated: Sat, August 18, 2012

• Reported By: leilaluppi — Highland New York United States of America
Credit Acceptance Corp
PO Box 551888 Detroit, Michigan United States of America

Credit Acceptance Corp I paid off my loan in June and they sent me the title. In Aug. I received a bill for $1181.40. Detroit, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: What Does The Bill Say?

I paid off my auto loan in June of 2012. In August, I received a bill for over $1100.00. I own the title. they sent it to me in July. What do I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2012 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corp/Detroit-Michigan-48255/Credit-Acceptance-Corp-I-paid-off-my-loan-in-June-and-they-sent-me-the-title-In-Aug-I-r-929074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance Corp

What Does The Bill Say?

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

In all probability the bill is for late fees and additional interest. if you made payments late, that generates additional interest. This is a subprime lender with a high interest rate. It doesn't take long to run up huge additional interest charges along with late fees. This would have been explained in the contract and/or Late notice notifications. However, the FIRST step is reading the invoice to see exactly what the amount is for.