Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, December 12, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, December 12, 2006

• Reported By:San Diego California
Credit Acceptance Corp.
2290 Corporate Circle Suite 200 Herderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Credit Acceptance Corp. Over Charging me on payments after making a agreement by phone. Herderson Nevada

About 6 years ago I co-signed a contract for my ex fiancee back then and she didn't pay for 3 month after we split up. Credit Acceptance called me and told that the vehicle was taken back and they said that I had to py them $2,000 and that it prevent it from being in my credit, I told them that I couldn't pay that amount so I paid them what I cloud at that time I lost my job and I stop paying them.

4 yrs later when I joined the military and I had to get a security clearance they told me that I couldn't get one due to the fact that my credit was bad so I contact Credit Acceptance and talked to one of the collections personnel I asked him if we can set up a payment plan that I can make payment on that account and he said yes and also when I make payments that no interests was to be put on the account and he agree and he made a recording to make sure on what we agreed. The agreement was to pay $150.00 per month and I made an allotment set to the account, this happen 3/1/02 to 6/10/06 when I left the military.

When I checked my credit report it said that I owed them $3,850.75. but the statement that they send me doesn't show the amount of the value of the vehicle when it was resold and doesn't sho me how much it was put toward my account. I had plenty of calls from CAC and they don't listen to what I have to say or explain to them that they have an misunderstanding also the name on the account isn't under my name its under my exfiancee . I don't know what to dohow to go about this and this is a never ending battle between me and CAC. I need this matter to be solve and I need this for my new employment which is doing a intense background check on my credit.

Jorenger
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2006 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corp/Herderson-Nevada-89074/Credit-Acceptance-Corp-Over-Charging-me-on-payments-after-making-a-agreement-by-phone-He-225045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance Corp.