Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp

• Updated: Wed, December 10, 2008

• Reported By:burlington Kentucky
Credit Acceptance Corp
SouthField, Michigan U.S.A.

Credit Acceptan/ce Corp Credit Acceptance Corp THIS COMPANY Does not know heads from tails! They are as corrupt as the day is long SouthField Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Don't show the judge your report.

*Consumer Comment: You are still responsible

I am a disabled mom of two grade school kids. I make under 500.00 a month. I was given a LEMON!! I drove it off the parking lot and my older daughter and i, both said to the salesman, WHAT IS THAT NOISE!!!?? NOTHING he said!! Oh yes it is!!! we said He proceeded to say to us, its the car next to us!!! We looked at each other and laughed. We had already purchased the car AS IS!!!

The VERY NEXT DAY the battery died !!! HE refused to take it back or give me a new battery!!! the mechanic who i bought the extended warranty from was FURIOUS!!! ( I was in a wheelchair) How can they do that to you, he said!!! If i had a used battery i would throw you one in, but i will give you this one at cost. AND HE DID. The VERY NEXT WEEK,,,my TRANSMISSION went out!!! arghh!!! it was christmas time and i had a 4 hour trip planned to my folks. That would have cost me 2000.00!!!
again, this made the mechanic really upset and he told me this company was really using me!!!

2 weeks after Christmas....o yeah....the radiator blew up!!! and it went on and on and on! By march, i had had it. I just left it sittin the parking lot at Krogers and told them to come get it. guesswhat?? they let it sit and sit and sit.

And do you know what??? They kept billin gme and billing me and billing me.i kept telling the morons that i didnt have the stupid CAR and that the dealer had picked it up AGES ago AND HAD resold it at the auction!!!! LMAO!!!
Do you know that a YEAR PASSED and they sent some goofball to my door for that stupid van???? hahahahah!!!! i explained the situation to them. I said YOU HAVE GOT to be KIDDING ME!!!?? I turned that stupid LEMON in a YEAR AGO!! and they LAUGHED!!! THEY SAID...that dont surprize me one bit , it happens ALL THE TIME!!! THis is the most ridiculous company i have ever worked for in my entire LIFE!!!
I said, WHY do you work for them!! ?? They said, " Desperate times"

Then they have the nerve to sue ME!!! and take ME to court trying to get money off and out of ME!! and then i look on here and see all of these complaints!! HAHAHAH~!~ the NERVE of these jerks!!! well, now im going to copy off these complaints and take these JERKS to COURT!!!! thank you for this forum!!!

Astar4u
burlington, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2008 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corp/SouthField-Michigan/Credit-Acceptance-Corp-Credit-Acceptance-Corp-THIS-COMPANY-Does-not-know-heads-from-tails-338268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance Corp

Don't show the judge your report.

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

If you do make it to a court of law, the last thing I would is show a judge your report. C'mon, you're laughing at a legal obligation that you have. Did you pay for the transmission or did your warranty pay it. How about the other things that you complained about. Sounds to me that you bought a battery for cost. TO LEAVE A VEHICLE IN A PARKING LOT AND FEEL THAT YOUR OBLIGATION IS SATISFIED IS ABSURD, WHAT ARE YOU SO SUPRISED ABOUT.

Storage fees while they try to sell it at action - gonna pay for that.

These costs will be paid by the OP in addition to the outstanding principal balance of the auto loan.

And the OP is LAUGHING??? (shaking head) I wouldn't want to be the defendant in this LOSING position.

What are people thinking? Just dump it at some store parking lot and think that's the end of it?

No wonder we have a "credit crisis." Doesn't anyone bother to READ contracts anymore?

You are still responsible

AUTHOR: Renee - (U.S.A.)

Just because you abandoned the car does not release you from your loan obligation. Credit Acceptance lent you money to buy a car you picked out the car and it was incumbent upon you to have it looked at prior to purchase. No court in the world will excuse you from the loan you took out and never repaid. If the furnace in your home goes out the mortgage company still expects their payment, otherwise, your home will be forced from your home and they will sue you. I suggest you try to make a settlement with the company, I have seen finance companies garish wages for unpaid debt.