Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp

• Submitted: Thu, October 23, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 08, 2008

• Reported By:onaway Michigan
Credit Acceptance Corp
255225 W Twelve Mile Rd Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.

Credit Acceptance Corp try to run my credit Southfield Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Is this a case of fraud or ID theft?

My son (who is in the marines)needed a car so I went to a car dealer to get a car. I found a 1996 dodge status nice car but previous owner had hit something with it . my son being a mechanic might be able to fix for cheap I asked If I could test drive .Which I did. I then returned the car in the allotted time .It was never in my name but this company went a head and put this on my credit any way now my credit is for the birds

Buckster
onaway, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 12:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corp/Southfield-Michigan-48034-8339/Credit-Acceptance-Corp-try-to-run-my-credit-Southfield-Michigan-384158. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance Corp

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Is this a case of fraud or ID theft?

AUTHOR: Renee - (U.S.A.)

Did you sign any papers such as a retial installment contract? There is no way the dealer can (legally)just put a car in your name without your consent and your signature on a retail installment agreement. If you honestly did not sign any agreement all you need to due is report the dealer to the police for fraud and identity theft. Once you have gotten a police report number you can contact the credit bureaus and advise them that you were a victim of identity theft and they will have you complete some paperwork and the police and they can take care of this matter.