Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp

• Updated: Mon, June 11, 2012

• Reported By: Mskimmie — Santee California United States of America
Credit Acceptance Corp
25505 West Twelve Mile Road Southfield, Michigan United States of America

Credit Acceptance Corp Continue to harass me after I have paid off my auto loan! Southfield, Michigan

*Consumer Comment: You Just Gave The Answer!

On January 6, 2012 I called and asked for a payoff for my auto loan was given a payoff amount, I was told that day the payoff was good until January 10, 2012 and I asked to have them make note that I was wire transferring the amount. January 10, 2012 went and made the transfer paid in full right?

Nope a month later I call to see where the title is and I hear You have a balance of $135.00 still due on the account are you kidding me you gave me a payoff amount! I am filing a small claims case for my title I am sick of the harassing phone calls from this company and having to explain the same story over and over. Whatever you do dont finance a car from this company they really will rip you off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2012 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corp/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Credit-Acceptance-Corp-Continue-to-harass-me-after-I-have-paid-off-my-auto-loan-Southfie-894747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance Corp

You Just Gave The Answer!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You said you were tired of harrassing phone calls, right? Why do lenders make harrassing phone calls? Because the borrower is LATE with their payments. The picture of defamation you are trying to paint, and it won't fly here, is you paid off the loan and now they are holding the title hostage because they just decided to pick on you to extort more money from you. You apparently made late payments and ran up late fees as well as extra interest. Perhaps during the loan you had a payment deferred. Same result...extra interest. These companies operate within narrow limits of the law. Some are also publically traded. They aren't about to jeopardize their business trying to extort a measley $135 from you. And no, I don't work for them.