Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corp

• Submitted: Wed, August 13, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 29, 2008

• Reported By:Spring Valley New York
Credit Acceptance Corp
25505 West 12 Mile Rd # 3000 Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-634-1506
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

Credit Acceptance Corp They are trying to rip mi off...as they have done since I bought this car. Southfield Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Same Experiences

*Consumer Comment: In the same boat as you are....

I am reporting Credit Acceptance Corp. because in November of 2007 my car was reposessed. I paid what I had to pay to get it back with a few payments left. I got my car back the day after Xmas. They said I had to pay this amount of money and I would be able to get my car....I paid the money and I got my car back... I asked what was the totel amount that I owed and Doug( told me $2,430 was the totla amount including repo fees....I only had $1883.00 left in car payments. So I agreed to that.

The problem now was I couldn't get my car because they did something to it while it was there....so I didn't pick it up until after January 13th or some time. Then I had to pay a tow truck to tow my car from L.I. NY to Spring Valley NY ( about a 2 hr drive or $600.00)

After I get the car back to S.V. I had to take it to a mechanic to get the car fixed...whatever the did to it. When I am down to my last payment of 280.00 they are now telling mi that I owe 756.00 and I have ALL of my receipts from the first payment in Nov 23, 2007. I asked them how do they have that amount, they said it is because (Debbie from Adesa) said that I owed for them for some repairs that were made to my car......now if you go back to the top as I said before I had to tow my car up here from Long Island. so how could I be charged for repairs and why were they repairing it if I was paying to get it back.....there was nothing wrong with it when they took it. They broke my windowguards on my windows....my front fender is hanging off from where the tow truck who took it let it down off of the truck...the took my alloy rims and replaced it with some rusty rims and did not put all of my lugs back in my tires.

I really went through a lot of trouble to get this car back and nowthey are trying to really rip mi off...oh yeah....my check engine light has been on since I drove off of the lot with the car...when I took it to get fixed they said the warranty was up.

If it is possible...can u help me take some kind of action against this company...because they are one of the BIGGEST rip off companies I have ever seen!! Please help.

Latoria
Spring Valley, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2008 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corp/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Credit-Acceptance-Corp-They-are-trying-to-rip-mi-offas-they-have-done-since-I-bought-th-362442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance Corp

Same Experiences

AUTHOR: Perryhick - (U.S.A.)

I just had my car repossessed for the second time by them. I had to change phone numbers many times because of the harrassing calls when late. I had no warning whatsoever that they were coming to take it. I got no bill in the mail and no email. These are the other two ways they could have contacted me and they didn't. How can these car dealerships go through such a disreputable company to extend customer credit for the poorer people who can't afford expensive cars. They lose more money sinking it into this company. I aslo agree that they should close them down for good!!!

In the same boat as you are....

AUTHOR: Jtm - (U.S.A.)

I also am looking to file a suit against CAC. I have had my durango since December and have had nothing but trouble since, If I am one day late on my payment, I am getting harrassing calls at least 10 times a day. I think this company should be shut down...