- Report: #424130
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance Corporation
Credit Acceptance Corporation25505 W. Twelve Mile Suite 3000, Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.
Credit Acceptance Corporation Unscrupuluos, Lying, Cheating, Stealing, Harrasing, Badgering, Argumentative, Story Fabricating, Repo happy, Unethical Southfield Michigan
*Consumer Suggestion: Exactly Why Did They Repo The Car???
*Consumer Suggestion: Unbelievable
*Consumer Suggestion: Unbelievable
*Consumer Suggestion: Unbelievable
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
They will repo your car just because they don't like the sound of your voice. They get humor and joy out of this. They must get bonuses for every vehicle they set up to have repoed. They must get perks for making people angry and win an award if they succeed in making a person furious. They enjoy causing pain, frustration, and aggravation in peoples lives.
They repoed our car. We paid them all of the money in the amount that they ask for, and were told we had to send it Western Union, which we did. Oddly, the name of the company that we were to wire the money to, was called "Rebuild Michigan". Why would that be? Seems awful strange to us!
Then we went to their "repo lot" in Flat Rock, Michigan. They have two different complexes which together, are approximately 500 acres! At the entrance they even have these steel "knives" that come up and slice your tires if they haven't given you permission to enter/exit!!!! These complexes are surrounded in fence and bobbed wire. You would think that you are entering a prison complex. I'm surprised there are not guards in gun towers. These complexes are divided by seperate areas, each having their own bobbed wire fence and a guard in a guard shack. The gates to every area is draped with huge industrial chain and locks.
When we finally did, redeem our car, and had it in our possession, we noticed that :
1. They had syphoned the gas. When they repoed it, the gas tank was full. When we picked it up, it had less than 1/8th of a tank of gas.
2. There were 2 brand new bright shiny keys on our key ring. Why did they make new keys and where are our old keys?
3. The keyless entry remote was not on our key ring. It was there when we were good enough to hand the repo man our keys. A mistake that we will never make again. Where is it? Who has it? and why was it ever removed from our keyring to begin with?
Now this one you probably won't believe----4. They drained the window washer reservior! It was full when they picked the car up, as we had just purchased washer fluid and filled it up. This was a very dangerous and life threatening act on their part.
I believe that this company and it's employees/contractors will go to any length to destroy a person's life, even cause a life to be taken.
This company also goes by another name which is Vehicle Remarketing Services, 25505 W. 12 Mile Rd., Southfield, Michigan 48086. Phone number is 800-748-2620. Notice the address is the same as Credit Acceptence, Corp., but the zip code different. How can that be? How can one address have 2 different zip codes? Vehicle Remarketing Services motto is "We change lives." They change lives alright. From difficult to unbearable!
4. Our car had a flat tire. It did not have a flat tire when they picked it up.
5. Before they released the car back to us we had to sign all kinds of waivers related to no damages and waive your rights away, you were finally allowed to leave the car prison. After we retrieved the vehicle, by spending a half a day loss from work, since there hours are only Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 9 am to 400 pm. closed on Thrusday and Friday 9 am to 1 PM. and No weekend hours, we found all the usable fluids had been drained. even the gas filler cap was left popped out.
6. The following day Credit Acceptence started by calling constantly.
For he entire week they have called constantly.
When I decided to answer the phone and ask why they were calling they wanted to know only when I was going to pay the balnce owed to get this current. I tried to explain that I was told that the next payment would be due on March 6, with an increase of $100.00 per month on the payments till the shortage was made up. None of the always a diffferent person would listen all they said was when was I going to make a payment and how.
I asked for a supervisor to discuss these prior conditions and they y\then hung up the phone. At no time was I tried as person but as a number that had to pay what they demanded.
7. We are in constant fear now that they will agin repo the vehicle since no one wants to put it in writing as to any subsequent modifications. Additionally they was to cherge for the repo fee and even went as far as changing the title to the car before it was sold at auction. A letter was sent with a new titlte to change the naem back into the purchaser but guess who has to pay the fees again to the State of Michigan, you quessed it the purchaser.
White Lake, Michigan
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2009 11:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Corporation/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Credit-Acceptance-Corporation-Unscrupuluos-Lying-Cheating-Stealing-Harrasing-Badgeri-424130. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)