Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance-Stillman Law Office

• Submitted: Thu, December 02, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, December 02, 2010

• Reported By: Lisa — Whitmore Lake Michigan United States of America
Credit Acceptance-Stillman Law Office
7091 Orchard Lake Rd. InternetWest Bloomfield, Michigan United States of America

Credit Acceptance-Stillman Law Office legal malpractice and violation of identity InternetWest Bloomfield , Michigan

I have a judgement against me in Chelsea Court with Credit Acceptance and Stillman Law Office for a vehicle I co signed for in the amount of 5400. total. I had recieved a notice from Stillman Law stating I needed to contact them to make arrangements for payment. I talked to Tony Miscow and agreed to make 100. monthly payments, which I did for 7 months.

In Feb 2010  I noticed that Stillman Law had not cashed my check through online banking and called them. Monique informed me that I had filed bankruptcy and could no longer take any payments. I told Monique they had made a mistake because I had not filed nor have i ever filed bankruptcy. She went on to say that a file was mixed up and put me on hold. I was told that there would be an investigation.

In March I wrote a letter to credit acceptance and copies were sent to Judge Truesdell and Stillman Law. I went to court date Stillman did not show and Judge pretty much told me I still had to pay it and they were charging me intrest. I wrote another letter and got a court date. Stillman attorney tells me they gave back my State Tax Check along with my personal online check .

I told her I recieve neither one thats why I was there to find out what was going on. She read off my social and an address in detroit. I have never lived nor have i ever been to detroit. She immediately excused herself to call the office.  They gave my checks and personal information to an address in detroit and they cashed the State Tax Check.

We went back into the court room Stillman rep. admitted they sent my personal information along with checks to wrong address from the bankruptcy court investigation. She also agreed that i owed 4300. total. Stillman attorney was supposed to get back with me and let me know when to make payments again and they were not supposed to charge anymore intrest.

In Sept.2010 i recieved a request writ for garnishment of Income Tax Refund or Credit. I have not recieved anything else until i went to use my debit card today and found out that not only was it declined but Stillman Law Offices Levied my checking and savings accts. I gave my landlord 1000.00 check yesterday for rent. I also have other bills and debits that have not gone thru yet. They gave me no notice and no reason for this. It was every penny i have to my name. I have 1 child at home and 1 child and 2 grandchildren i also help support.

I have no other income nor do i feel like I deserved to be treated like this. I was making my payments and doing what iwas asked of me. They refused my payment due to their mistake not mine. I had to red flag all my accounts after i found out they had given all my personal information to another woman possibly with same name I assume or how would she have been able to cash without ID.

I have lost about 5 days work and now taking off tomorrow to talk to Attorney, problem is I HAVE NO MONEY. Stillman Law has put a hold on the account. How can they leave a single mother without a dollar. This I feel is a violation of my rights. I pay my taxes and I was making my payments. What can I do this is Legal Malpractice in my opinion.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2010 10:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance-Stillman-Law-Office/InternetWest-Bloomfield-Michigan-48322/Credit-Acceptance-Stillman-Law-Office-legal-malpractice-and-violation-of-identity-Intern-667736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance-Stillman Law Office