Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Submitted: Sun, July 12, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, October 15, 2010

• Reported By:garner North Carolina
Credit Acceptance
PO BOX 5581 DETROIT, Michigan U.S.A.

CREDIT ACCEPTANCE 10 DAYS OR LESS AND YOU WILL BE WALKING!!! DETROIT Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Horrible Customer Service and Policies

*UPDATE Employee: ARE YOU SERIOUS

I recently bought wonderful suv that i had not had hardly any problems with. The car lot was actually great in ensuring their cars are reliable. I had no problem making my payments on time. My usual payment method was automatic bank draft...This month i was not notified that the drafted was denied. When i was aware we called to make a debt card payment.

The rep stated that they would not accept the payment. This was around 11 am. I was going to get the payment in before 2 pm so it would post the same business day. About an hour after we got off the phone i was getting out of the shower when my kids yelled out that there was a repo truck outside about to take the car away.

I went out side to speak quietly with the repo guy...fortunately he was polite and quiet. He stated he had never heard of a company like this. Usually companies go up to 60 to 90 days of deliquency. But 10 days is immoral!!! And should be illegal! I did understand that if he didn't come out some other company would have taken the job!!! But now instead of paying the $400, I am paying 2 car payments...$350 for the Repo Guy!

After coming down alittle from the shock...Credit Acceptance called a day later and asked what was my intentions for the truck?!!! I told the rep., my intention was to keep it(LOL). What did she think? If i didn't want it, i would have stopped paying a long time ago. Or trying to hide the car. And if there is a GPS tracker on it...why wasn't it just shut down until the payment is made?

***In closing...with all of these bad reports, The company should consider changing their policies and procedures. I WILL NOT REFER ANYONE ELSE TO THIS COMPANY!!! AT THIS RATE... YOU MAY END UP PAYING DOUBLE PAYMENTS EVERY MONTH....WOW!!!!
THERE SHOULD BE A LAW TO CHANGE THESE TYPE OF DEALINGS!!!

10 day MADNESS
garner, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2009 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/DETROIT-Michigan/CREDIT-ACCEPTANCE-10-DAYS-OR-LESS-AND-YOU-WILL-BE-WALKING-DETROIT-Michigan-468890. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

Horrible Customer Service and Policies

AUTHOR: CreditAcceptanceIsTerrible - (United States of America)

I currently have a vehicle financed with Credit Acceptance and not only is their "Customer Service" the worse I've ever encountered but they do in fact treat you like you are worthless and will barely work with you. I actually lost a job because of this company being they had shut my car down on the first day of my employment with a new company and even though I had gotten the payment done almost right away and they had promised to get my car turned back on within an hour and a half it did not happen. I urge anyone that considers purchasing a vehicle from this company to find another to go through because they really don't care what your situation is at all.

Yes, the reason for people to go through a second chance financial institution is because the person have made some mistakes in the past but "beating a person while they are down" doesn't help their situation in the least.

ARE YOU SERIOUS

AUTHOR: Cece - (U.S.A.)

YOU KNEW ABOUT THE GPS DEVICE .. SO WHEN YOU GOT THE TRUCK THERE WAS A PIECE OF PAPER THAT YOU INITIALED THAT YOU OBVIOUSLY DIDNT TAKE THE TIME TO READ AND IT IS NOT IN SMALL PRINT AND IT IS TWO PAGES AND IT EXPLAINS THE GUIDELINES OF THE GPS // YOUR CK BOUNCED AND YOU WERE DRIVING AROUND BECAUSE THE SYSTEM GOT THE RETURNED CK PROBABLY 10 DAYS AFTER SUBMISSION AND YOU DIDNT RECTIFY THE SITUATION IN TIME AND THEY CAME AND GOT THE VEH... YOU AGREED TO IT .. GO BACK AND LOOK IN YOUR PAPERWORK AND QUIT BLAMING US FOR NOT READING WHAT YOU WERE SIGNING.