Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Reported By: Kansas City — Kansas City Missouri United States of America
Credit Acceptance
8101 Campbell Kansas City, Missouri United States of America

Credit Acceptance RIP OFF Kansas City, Missouri

*Consumer Comment: Please tell us, exactly, what is the Ripoff?

*Consumer Comment: The Cold Hard Facts of Life

*Consumer Comment: not any help

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

I'm disabled. I traded in a sedan for an SUV. The sedan was paid off. But due to my disability I had trouble getting in and out of it. I admit I have trouble making payments on time, but I did pay. I been disabled for 4 yrs and unemployed due to that disability for 2yrs. Credit Acceptance understood this. After paying for 2yrs I got 36 days behind. I was told the vehicle would be disabled, which it NEVER was. I called in to pay 1/2 what was due. While making the payment a rep had the vehicle replaced while I was open the phone making the payment. Then 15 mins later called me to tell me that it would cost me an additional $500 to get back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2012 06:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Kansas-City-Missouri-64131/Credit-Acceptance-RIP-OFF-Kansas-City-Missouri-964470. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

Please tell us, exactly, what is the Ripoff?

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You were behind 36 days in your payment and offered to pay 1/2 what you owed. And, this wasn't even your first time being a "little behind" in your payment.

What did you expect would happen?

NO Ripoff, except by you, and using your disability as an excuse.

Man up, and purchase ONLY what you can afford.

"While making the payment a rep had the vehicle replaced while I was open the phone making the payment."

Replaced with what?

The Cold Hard Facts of Life

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

When ANY of us sign a retail installment contract, we all agree to make monthly payments, on time, every time.  Being handicapped does not do away with the contract.  Apparently it was NOT a reason for them to deny you credit in the first place.  No loan company and especially a subprime loan company like this is is under any obligation to "help" anybody either.  All they did was supply the funding to buy the car.  All they want is for the borrower to repay that funding.  However, in far too many cases when a subprime borrower wants the lender to "help" them, the translation is:   "I want them to let me off the hook".  It doesn't work that way.  And before it is said, I don't work for them and in all probability those who will disagree with you here don't work for them either.

not any help

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

must rebutt     must rebutt     must rebutt   must rebutt    must rebutt
meeting for rebutter anonymous is this weekend Please Attend
feel sorry for the team they can't help themselves
Meeting start at 7:00 AM and PM

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Credit Acceptance RIP OFF"

You defaulted on the loan and then offered to pay half of the amount due. You were not ripped off.

"a rep had the vehicle replaced"

What did they replace it with?