Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Updated: Sun, November 03, 2013

• Reported By: melanie — morrisville Pennsylvania
Credit Acceptance
217 S. Melvin ave Morrisville, Pennsylvania USA

Credit Acceptance Charging 400 interest fee when my payment is days late plus a late fee. I have had the car for a year paying 419.00 a month the car is 15,000, I called today to find out how much I owe on the car Credit Acceptance told me that I still owe 15,000 due to me paying late. They told me that I really only paid .35 cents when I made all my payments because they charge 400.00 dollars for interest every time my payment is late. I asked for a copy of this that is my contract they said that they couldn't give me one. I feel like I got scammed out of thousands of dollars. I don't know what to do. southfield Michigan

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Don't listen to that other douche!

*Consumer Suggestion: Here's a sure-fire way of avoiding all these late penalties....

Credit Acceptance scammed me out of thousands of dollars by charging me a 400 interest rate when my car payment was days past due for a total of 1 year without my knowledge or permission. My car costs 15,000 and after a year of 419.00 dollar payments my balance is still 15,000 dollars due to this. I asked the company for a printout of that in writing and they. said that they could not give me one. They told me since they charged me a 400.00 interest fee for being days late when i made my car payment they took 400.00 for interest and applied 35 cents to my car for what I paid. I don't know what to do.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 12:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Morrisville-Pennsylvania-19067/Credit-Acceptance-Charging-400-interest-fee-when-my-payment-is-days-late-plus-a-late-fee-1094798. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Don't listen to that other douche!

AUTHOR: Ron B. - ()

Contact the Attorney General's office of ur state or Michigan, there can only be a certain percentage charged annually towards it vehicle. The CEO of this company makes $54 million a year, he may be above reproach in Michigan?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Here's a sure-fire way of avoiding all these late penalties....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Pay IN FULL, ON TIME, EVERY TIME.  Bet that never occurred to you did it?

It's NOT rocket science.