Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Submitted: Fri, April 24, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 24, 2009

• Reported By:Dalton Georgia
Credit Acceptance
25505 West Twelve Mile Road Southfield, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 248-3532700
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Credit Acceptance If they say credit acceptance RUN AWAY FAST!!! Southfield, Michigan

Credit Acceptance is a total scam, on there website they say 100% Approval Guaranteed, so I contacted on of there dealers. They just bring in a recent check stub, and phone bill. I am not going to lie I do make really good money, but I had some medical issues, and with my medical pay not even being enough to pay my house payment. My credit got crashed to the bottom.

I have been back at work for around a year, and was trying to rebuild my credit, that was the reason for going to there dealer. They put me in the cheapest car on the lot, on Saturday with a LARGE down payment. Well on Monday the dealer called and said Credit Acceptance did not believe my income. They wanted tax returns, so I sent them. The next day they contacted my employer and asked them for a letter stating how long I have been with the company, job title, and salary. They sent them a letter , with the CEO signing the letter.

About two hours after, the letter was sent that was not going to work. They wanted my employer to send a full report of my salary , and it had to how that it was printed on the companies payroll system. Ok I had to call several people at the corp, office to get this. They all said we have never had to do this before, and I could not find anyone in payroll that could print it showing that it was from the companies system. Well after calling around corporate for about 2 hours I finally got payroll's manager, finally someone that could get what I needed . They faxed it right to me, and I sent it in. I was thinking after all of that everything should be fine.

Well guess what the next day I got another call wanting my bank statements for the last year. Ok I had that at home , so I ran home and got the file and took it back to work, and faxed it all in. They showed deposits for each month around $4000.00 sometime more. So that was not good enough. They still was treating me like scum, making like comments like you cant bring home that much. I replied as nicely as I could that they better watch what they say , and I don't know what kind of person you think you are dealing with but I will not deal with that kind of S*** .The lady on the phone hung up on me, then I got another phone call , CA wanted copies from my employer of my last six pay checks that I had cashed.

At that point I was thinking everything I have been though and now they want me to do more. At that point I could not deal with it anymore. I said I am not dealing with payroll to kill another day to get this, if you cant approve me on what I have already sent than just for get it. I did advise them that they where committing false advertising that has been over a week ago I still have the car, but the loan has not been approved. I called the dealer and said Ill bring the car back just give me my down payment back. We they said just wait and we will get it worked out.

I still have the car but I called CA just today and they had another list of things for me to send. They I was told the loan was still not approved or funded. What do I do, I mean the dealer has my money and don't want me to bring the car back. But they bank has not paid them. I just cant understand all of this.

Dalton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2009 11:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Credit-Acceptance-If-they-say-credit-acceptance-RUN-AWAY-FAST-Southfield-Michigan-446395. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance