Complaint Review

25505 W 12 Mile Rd Southfield, Michigan United States of America Phone:
800 634 1506
Category:
Auto Dealers

Credit Acceptance Title/Release of Lien NOT DONE AFTER PAYOFF Southfield , Michigan

If you have financed a auto thru Credit Acceptance beware of not every getting your title or release of lien from them. After almost 2 mnths of payoff with bank check in hand stating that it was paid off  they didn't have my title anywhere. Understand I paid this car off in less than 2yrs. on a 3yr loan. They said after I paid it off that they mailed my title July 2,2012 but they had the wrong address and zip code (They stated on there records) I told them I never would have paid it off because they would have never found the car if I had known. But, that was there excuse l know that was crazy.
I finally had to get legal assistance involved and the state I live in. The state law here is they have 10 days from payoff to notify the state DMV.. They didn't like that. Finally on July 20.2012 I got a fax of Release on Lien no title. I myself had to go get the title with a application to the state. It cost me 25.00 which I had paid for when I bought the car.
Don't ever ever do business with them. They also charge way over and above the cost of the car. My car sold for 6200. which ended up costing me almost 10,000.00 total. Didn't be stupid like I was.
I hope and pray this so called CORP folds big time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Southfield-Michigan-48034/Credit-Acceptance-TitleRelease-of-Lien-NOT-DONE-AFTER-PAYOFF-Southfield-Michigan-915373. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance