Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Submitted: Sun, May 17, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, July 08, 2009

• Reported By:Grand Haven Michigan
Credit Acceptance
25505 W. 12 Mile Rd Suite 3000 Spring Field, Michigan U.S.A.

Credit Acceptance USE SHADY CAR LOTS WITH LEMONS!! Spring Field Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Are you listening to yourself?

*Consumer Suggestion: I've been a customer for awhile now

*Consumer Comment: Blame the Finance company?

*UPDATE Employee: Warranty

*UPDATE Employee: WELL HARRY

*Consumer Comment: Harry

*Consumer Comment: Hey harry

*Consumer Comment: to here's why.....

*Consumer Comment: Here is why...

*Author of original report: TO THE EMPLOYEE.....UPDATE

*Consumer Comment: Fighting Back...Stop the Fleecing of the American People...This company like so many are taking advantage of people

*Consumer Comment: UPDATE...AND TO THE EMPLOYEE

*UPDATE Employee: THIS IS TOO FUNNY TO ME

*Consumer Comment: Why is it Credit Acceptance fault you picked a clunker?

I purchased a vehicle from a lot in Holland called Beach Side Auto about a year ago. I had to use Credit Acceptance because of credit issues.Well starting a couple months after I bought it I started having problems with it....from the brakes and rotors, sensors, transmission, oil leak all the way to the engine!!!!! I have called the lot NUMEROUS times and they say well there is nothing we do except get you a new vehicle with $1500 down. Yeah right in this economy...give me a break!!! I have also call CA and they said well we'll send you a list of dealers that will pay off your current car and get you into a better car with the amount of the pay off going on to the end of the new payments....HAHAHA yeah right. I called all the places on the list and 80% say they have never heard of such a thing through CA and will NOT do it,the other 20% say they will TRY and if it works will need at least $1000 down!!!Good thing my fiance's dad is a certified mechanic and does EXCELLENT work for cheap without B/S ing me to get more money.

Anyway,the other day I was driving down the road and it started shaking really bad and clunkingand wouldn't go past 20mph then it stalled and wouldn't start back up!!! Hmmmm.....have had 4 different CERTIFIED MECHANICS look at it and they all say the motor is shot!!!! Ha....I still owe over $3000 on the car. Yipee for me I get to continue to pay on a dead horse!!!!!!! I'm going to call on Monday and tell them come get cause I am NOT going to pay for a piece of crap that won't evenm run!!!

***My advice is DON'T use Credit Acceptance if the lot mentions the name take off running without looking back because you have just walked into Lemon dealer!!!*** If you are going to put $500 or more down on a car and make payments it makes more sense to look on craig's list and pay $500 or more for a good running car until you can save up for a better one. It may not look the best and may need a few minor things (i.e tune up,brakes,tires)but it will save another thing from going on your credit and save from making payments for years!!!! Someone needs to shut that company down.SOON!!!

Harry
Grand Haven, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2009 06:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/Spring-Field-Michigan/Credit-Acceptance-USE-SHADY-CAR-LOTS-WITH-LEMONS-Spring-Field-Michigan-452639. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance

Are you listening to yourself?

AUTHOR: mike_issa - (USA)

Ok,

Two things that need to be addressed here.  Number 1, I definetly agree with the previous postings of did you not run a carfax?  Ask for a carfax?  Bring a mechanic to take a look because of the high mileage?  And NOW you dont want to pay for the car?  Isnt that the reason you had to go through Credit Acceptance in the first place?  Excellent example before about the house and the AC.

Secondly, why is it such a wrong thing to make a profit?  Why does everyone make the word profit sound like a curse word?  Oh dealers buy it for this much and then sell it for this.. yes that's why they are in the business, thats how they make a living... feed their kids, families, I am a business owner myself, and when people ask me if I could do better on my hourly charge, I try to work with them but at some point its not worth it.

Credit Acceptance is probably the only bank still in business that would give you a loan, so be thankful.  You cannot blame the bank, or the dealer completely.. unless they knew of the problem before hand.  You need to blame yourself for not doing your homework.  You are obviously internet savvy, you are on here arent you?

#2 Consumer Suggestion

I've been a customer for awhile now

AUTHOR: Little Ol' Me - (U.S.A.)

I've been a customer of CAC for quite some time now. I needed a vehicle and NO one would finance me except CAC. Everyone else wante $5000 or $6000 down.
I'm not crazy about the APR. I'm not crazy about having to purchase a five year old car with almost 100,000 miles on it. However, none of that is CAC's fault. If I didn't want the APR I could have not purchased the car. If I didn't want to have to purchase an old car, I should have done what had to be done to make my credit better. Right after I got my car I started having medical issues. I've been behind on car payments for some time now. So I'm not in perfect standing.

I will say that everytime I call them (and I keep in contact since I'm behind on my bill) they are very polite. I have not had any problems with them what so ever as far as their attitudes. I do not answer when they call, but only because it's always the auto dialer that hangs up if no one can take the call. However, I promptly return the calls and set up payment arrangement. They have not threatened at any time to reposses my car. When i expressed my concern about this, they said that they understood my situation and knew I was working to remedy the issue. To the employees that read this board, thank you very much (I know you don't hear it much) for being so nice when I call and for understanding that this economy sucks for everyone right now.

I am not on ROR that often and I think this is maybe the 2nd time I've posted. However, each time I come on here I find all these people complaining about CAC when, let's face it, 99.9% of the time, the only person to blame is themself.

Did your car get repossesed??? Well, if it did, it's your fault. You know when you buy a car that if you don't make payments, they take it back. You bought it, didn't make the payment, they took it back.

You bought a 10 yr old car for 10 grand that has 100K miles and it's suddenly breaking down? Well, that happens.

Come on, if you are old enough to sign a contract, then one must assume that you are an adult. If you are an adult please recognize to take blame when you are in teh wrong.

Blame the Finance company?

AUTHOR: Gorno - (U.S.A.)

Enough with the Credit Acceptance bashing!
Do you people even read your own letters?

I am writing as an experienced finance professional that is tired of hearing selfish people try to avoid responsibility for their own bad decisions.

I see many notes; most with the same, tired old complaints:

I am not going to pay for a car that doesn't run
First: if the roof of your home starts leaking, do you blame the mortgage company and then refuse to pay them?
See how long they let you stay in the house with THAT argument.

Yet, when you bought a piece of junk car, you decide that you are not going to pay the finance company.
Really? That's quite a leap of logic you've got there.

Credit Acceptance starts calling me the minute I am late They are rude to me.
THEY are rude to YOU?
Guess what, Skippy. YOUR LATE.
Did you think the finance company wouldn't notice?
Was there a part of the contract that said that late payments are treated the same as payments that are made on time?
Rude' is making a promise by signing a contract, and then offering some lame excuse as to why you don't have to honor your promise.

They charged me tons of interest!
Ya think?
Zero Down, Zero Percent Interest Rate is for people with Class A' credit buying a new car. Even then, many people do not qualify for these offers.
YOU bought a USED car and YOUR credit has problems.
If you hold Credit Acceptance to the same standard' that you see on glitzy TV ads for new cars, then isn't it fair that YOU be held to the same standards' as those that qualify for these great deals?

And speaking of interest rates: Why did you sign a contract that you didn't read?
Did you only see the shiny car in the lot, and not the interest rate printed in bold letters on the first page of the contract?
Did you ask any questions, like: what is this costing me?
Do you walk into other stores, make a purchase only to get home and sober up?
Stop shopping drunk or take responsibility for your actions. Either way: grow up and quit whining.

They call and call trying to get me to pay
So; you think finance companies should lend you money, and then just hope that you will pay them some day?
Isn't that exactly the thinking that put this country on the brink of financial ruin?
Way to cling to a selfish, dishonorable, discredited theory of economic devleopment! Looks like the only person that benefits from that plan is. You.

They sold me a lemon
YOU asked Credit Acceptance to lend YOU the money so YOU could buy the car that YOU picked out.

Credit Acceptance does not sell cars. They lend money.
If the money Credit Acceptance lent you doesn't work: return it.

If there is an issue with the car: talk to the person that sold you the car. Period.
Credit Acceptance works with hundreds of dealers all across the country. Are there some dealers that don't have standards a high as they should?
Probably. But they are not the norm. Not by a long shot.
Most are honest, hardworking people that live and work in the communities that they serve. They do a good job and fix problems when they can.

And speaking of numbers: Credit Acceptance has helped HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people get cars and repair their credit.
Again: are there instances where things could have gone better? Of Course. But to focus on the few times that things went sideways and ignore the huge number of times things went right is as normal to human nature as it is wrong to do.

I have read very few complaints that are even close to something Credit Acceptance can fix.
How can they fix the fact that YOU spent thousands of dollars with absolutely no clue as to what you were buying or how much it would cost you?

You should have taken the several grand that you used as a downpayment and bought a car outright: No contract, no payments, no promises to break.
It's called Living within your means'.

And if your decisions turn out to get results that are less than what you hoped for; don't blame others.
It's called Personal Responsibility'.

And when you make a promise: Keep it.
That one is called Integrity'.

Warranty

AUTHOR: Helpme - (U.S.A.)

Just a question, I work for a lot that offers CAC financing. Every car we sell we offer a warranty. The warranty that we sell covers everything and is as close to a new car warranty as you can get. I have my car financed through them as well and have never had a problem with them at all....they have improved my credit score as well. There have been a couple of times that I was late but I always just communicated with them.

WELL HARRY

AUTHOR: Cece - (U.S.A.)

I DONT HAVE TO SAY ANYTHING ELSE REGARDING THIS MATTER . YOU HAD A CHOICE AND YOU DONT WANT TO TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS. BLAME US ALL YOU WANT BUT WE HELPED YOU.... YOU COULDNT GET CREDIT ANYWHERE ELSE AND WE HELPED YOU.... NO ONE SAID THAT WE DIDNT HAVE A HIGH APR BUT YOU HAD A CHOICE THERE TOO NOT TO TAKE THE DEAL /// YOU ALSO HAD A CHOICE TO GET SOMEONE TO CHECK OUT THE VEH 1ST AND YOU CHOSE NOT TO DO THAT TOO. NOW HERE IS THE THING NOW WE HAVE A CHOICE NOT TO COME GET THE VEH. WE MAY MAKE THAT CHOICE NOT TO DO SO... OH AND BY THE WAY YOU SAID YOUR DAD IS A MECHANIC WHY DIDNT YOU TAKE HIM WITH YOU WHEN YOU BOUGHT THE DEAD HORSE?

Harry

AUTHOR: Susan - (U.S.A.)

According to your thinking..

Because I still owe money on my house, if my air conditioner dies in this horrible heat, it is the mortgage companies fault?

You had the option of not buying or financing the car.

You also say "Good thing my fiance's dad is a certified mechanic and does EXCELLENT work for cheap without B/S ing me to get more money."

So you didnt have him check out the car before you bought it?

Only you can be blaimed on this. You picked the car and didn't have problems with it for "a couple months".

The loan company are not to be blamed because they didnt hold a gun to your head and force you to sign.

IF you have a complaint it is about the dealership.

Hey harry

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

You can play this game all you want.

Whether they repossess the car or not is their option. However, you do owe money for that car.

Here's what's going to happen:

Eventually they will repossess the car. Once your payment is far enough behind.
They will sell the car and deduct that from the balance you still owe.
They will send you a bill for that balance, which you have said you will not pay.
They will put the bill on your credit report.
Eventually they will sue you and get a judgment against you.
Then they will garnish your wages at whatever job you get until the car is paid off.
At that point you will pay for the car, interest, fees for selling it, fees for taking legal action, extra fees for being late.

Its in your best interest to settle the matter now, because as much as you say you will not pay, they can force you to pay. Your only option to avoid paying will be to declare bankruptcy.

I know you won't take this advice though, you will just come back and rant about how they gave you a list of dealers and lied about the dealers to you. None of that matters. They have a signed contract from you, that is what matters. They will hold you to your contract one way or another.

Hopefully when you settle all this 3 or 4 years from now, you'll remember that some people on the internet tried to help you.

to here's why.....

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

Obviously u didn't read the whole report......They can reposses it all they want to bad I've been calling EVERY DAY since 5/17 to come get the car and they WON'T....and as far as getting the money....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUDDY!!!!!!!

Here is why...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"SO NOW TELL ME AGAIN WHY CA IS NOT TO BLAME!!!!"
- Because they DID NOT sell you the car, they only financed it. If you have issues with the car you need to take it up with the Dealer. I am sure you will update your report later once they do take the car(and they will eventually reposess it). Because once they do they will take their legal right to sell the car at auction and still come after you for the deficency balance on the loan. This is no different than any other lender would do.

Also, you did not "have to use" Credit Acceptance. Your credit was such that they were the only lender who would finance you. So you had a choice to fianance with them and agree to their terms or don't finance and save your money(which it seems you found may have been a better option).

Before you ask, NO I am not a current or former employee of CA or any finance company.

TO THE EMPLOYEE.....UPDATE

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

JUST FOR YOUR INFORMATION I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE ON MY PAYMENTS......UNTIL THE ENGINE WENT.....NOW I WILL NOT PAY ON A CAR THAT DOESN'T RUN!!!! AND CA HAS NEVER CALLED ME I AM THE ONE CALLING THEM EVERY DAY TO PICK UP THIS CAR SINCE MAY 17 AND IT IS NOW JUNE 22 AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW THE CAR IS STILL SITTING HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO NOW TELL ME AGAIN WHY CA IS NOT TO BLAME!!!!

AUTHOR: Kendra - (U.S.A.)

Yes, I would like to inform everyone that the use car dealers purchase their units of vehicles from other car dealers or auctions. They purchase the cars or bid for at least $1600-$2500 maybe more but, this is what takes place next. The cars are now on the dealers's lot and the downpayment the client pays is the money that the dealer paid for the car and the rest is profit. Because one's credit is bad they charge these high interest rates that are riduculous and again the American people are being deceived.

Kendra
Pine Bluff, Arkansas 71603

UPDATE...AND TO THE EMPLOYEE

AUTHOR: Harry - (U.S.A.)

I filed the complaint about CA because as u read in the first complaint I have called CA numerous times to get a list of dealers that will trade in the car and THEY DON'T DO THAT nor have they HEARD of doing that!!! So CA IS TO BLAME for sending a list of dealers that don't trade in cars as CA states they do. Maybe CA should get there story straight. Not only that but I have called CA EVERY DAY since 5/17 to come the car and gee the car is STILL sitting there. NONE of the people get the it right and EVERY time I call they say they don't have the information in the computer even though EVERY time I call I give them the same information. So maybe they should hire people that actually know what they are doing and use LEGITE car lots!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've probably talked to you and you're probably one of the people that get it right!!!! So read the full complaint and digest in your brain before you start talking!!!!

THIS IS TOO FUNNY TO ME

AUTHOR: Cece - (U.S.A.)

WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS WHY THE CONSUMER ALWAYS WANTS TO BLAME OTHERS WHEN THEY REALLY SHOULD BE BLAMING THEMSELVES. WHEN YOU PURCHASED THE CAR YOU DIDNT CARE WHO FINANCED YOU FOR THE THAT CAR THAT YOU PICKED!!! DID YOU CARE ABOUT THE MILEAGE ON THE CAR .. DID YOU CARE ABOUT THE CAR FAX HISTORY .. DID YOU ASK FOR INFO .. ALL YOU SAW WAS A CLEANED UP SHINY "NEW" CAR THAT YOU LET SOMEONE CONVINCE YOU HAD A BUMPER TO BUMPER WARRANTY ( YEAH RIGHT WITH A CAR WITH 80,000 OR MORE MILES) YOU DIDNT TAKE THE TIME TO READ ANYTHING .. WHEN THEY SAID SIGN HERE HERE AND HERE YOU JUST DID IT ..... WE DONT PICK YOUR CARS FOR YOU ... YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TAKE A MECHANIC WITH YOU WHEN YOU PURCHASE A USED CAR ... OH AND BY THE WAY IF YOU DONT LIKE WHAT IS BEING SAID YOU CAN ALWAYS SAY NO. ... WE ARE A SECOND CHANCE LENDER ... SOMETIMES BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE THOSE PEOPLE PAY THEIR NOTES AND DO THEIR RESEARCH ... THEN THERE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO WANT TO DO THINGS ON THEIR OWN TERMS ... AND THEY GET MAD WHEN THINGS DONT GO THEIR WAY ... BUT GUESS WHAT YOU HAD CONTROL FROM THE START ... I AM TIRED OF PEOPLE BAD MOUTHING MY COMPANY AND THEY WERE THE ONES WHO THOUGHT ENOUGH OF YOUR SITUATION TO GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE AT CREDIT .... BUT ITS OUR FAULT BECAUSE YOU DIDNT TAKE THE TIME TO TAKE YOUR TIME AND LOOK AROUND TO FIND A GOOD CAR WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU LET SOMEONE FINANCE YOU A CAR AT 24% WITH OVER 100,000 MILES ON IT AND ITS 12 YEARS OLD AND THEN YOU GET MAD WHEN YOU HAVE MECHANICAL PROBLEMS.... COME ON NOW .. TAKE SOME TIME AND THINK ABOUT HOW YOU ARE TO BE FAULTED IN THIS SITUATION AND QUIT BAD MOUTHING US ... OH AND BY THE WAY QUIT CALLING US RUDE .. I MEAN REALLY WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN WE CALL ABOUT OUR MONEY!!!!!!!!
AFTER ALL WE DONT OWE YOU 12,000 YOU OWE US ..

Why is it Credit Acceptance fault you picked a clunker?

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

Credit Acceptance is a subprime lender, and yes they will call you when your payment becomes late. They cater to the "we finance anyone" lots

How is it their fault you picked a clunker? All they did was loan you money to buy a car. You should be thanking them. Your ripoff report should be against Beach Side Auto, not Credit Acceptance.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC