Complaint Review: Credit Acceptance

• Reported By: Grace — Charleston South Carolina USA
Credit Acceptance
creditacceptance.com Internet United States of America

Credit Acceptance What??Internet

Credit Acceptance should really have tons of law suits against them. In May of 2009, I paid $1200 on my car thinking it would get me ahead because I knew that I would be out of work due to the arrival of my child. One Thursday in July of 2009, I came out of church and noticed that my car was MISSING.

Thinking that my car had been stolen because I had paid them in advance and I had full insurance coverage, I called and reported it stolen. Well the officer that had taken my call told me that my car had been repoed.  This was at 7:30 pm. I had to hitchhike a ride back home and try to get in touch with the company.

When I finally called them, they were closed. So I had to miss work Friday to try to straighten the entire thing out. I called several times and was finally able to get in touch with someone Frinday evening around 6:00 PM. The recovery place that had my car closed at 5:00 PM. Now I really pissed because I had a family reunion to attend the following day and still didn't have my car.

The representative that I spoke with told me that although I had paid $1200 in may I was still entitled to pay monthly and that only 372.16 of the $1200 went toward my monthly payment and the remainder of the $1200 went toward interest in the end. He told me that I needed to pay $372.16 which is one month payment. Now I'm wondering why I haven't been getting calls of late payments and why didn't someone from the company notify my of my car being in danger of being repoed.

The following Monday (again I had to miss another day of work)  I went to retrieve my car. Not only did I have to pay the $372 but I had to pay a repo fee of $375 and I was charged $50 more dollars for recovery of MY OWN VEHICLE.

I think Credit Acceptance should refund me my money because not only was I not notified of any late payments, I'm wondering if they have that my last payment was in May, why did they not ask for both June and July payments....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2009 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Acceptance/internet/Credit-Acceptance-WhatInternet-508053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Acceptance