Complaint Review: Credit Care

• Reported By: JWaron — Connecticut
Credit Care
Nationwide USA

Credit Care GE Capital Deceptive Practices Nationwide

I was convinced I needed this credit card while under duress (and medication) by a dentist (in reality as credit care sales rep)after finding out I had severe dental problems and I was offered a 'reasonable' rate. It wasn't until the work was done that I was informed the rate was not set in stone.

First bill came and my rate was twice what was stated. Ugh! Fast forward one year...

I moved and was in 'residential flux' and arranged to have some of my bills mailed to a family members house so that I wouldn't loose track of things while transitioning. 3 times over the course of 6 monthes, I had to contact the company because the bill delivery would alternate between the two addressess. One month it would go to one state (where I was staying), the next month, the other address ina another state. After making a fuss and speaking to a manager, they claimed it was because the postal service had 'forced' them to change the address from a 'Change of Address' report. I hadn't made a change of address in several months. I had contacted the company ahead of my initial move. I think it was an attempt to make me late and accrue late charges. What about people who own multiple properties? Or people who travel for work? To change the address without inquiring with the card holder is unnacceptable. What if my ID had been stolen? What if I prefer a PO box? What if I was in a hospital recieving care and an accountant was setting up my payments? Such BS. There are many reasons a person has their mail sent to an alternate address and the details are none of the creditors buisness provided they are getting their patyments, which they were.

My experience with them has been shoddy. Thier website freezes for hours, long wait times on the phone and sneaky, deceptive practices intended to gather more charges. Stay away

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Care/nationwide/Credit-Care-GE-Capital-Deceptive-Practices-Nationwide-1132129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Care