Complaint Review: Credit Collection Secvices

• Reported By: CBurgess — Nottingham Pennsylvania
Credit Collection Secvices
Two Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts USA

Credit Collection Secvices Phishing SCAM Newton Massachusetts

I received a letter from Credit Collections Services, saying that I owe Cox Communications $93.00 for unreturned equipment. I found that odd considering... 1. Cox Communications is a West Coast company (I have lived on the east coast since 2003). 2. I have not had an account with them for over 13 years. 3. I have not lived on the West Coast since 2000. I first contacted the main Cox Communications Office. They did not have any record of me, nor do I owe them any money for anything. I then called Credit Collection Services. I called them out on their scam, which they refuted. I asked for their BBB number which they could not provide. I asked about the address associated with the account (which I had never heard of), and about the SSN they had on file (which was incorrect). At that point I was sure it was a scam. I hung up, and here I am. I believe most people would be frightened about the letter (looking all official), and probably pay the bill or send them money. Don't do it!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Secvices/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Credit-Collection-Secvices-Phishing-SCAM-Newton-Massachusetts-1048779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Secvices