Complaint Review: Credit Collection Services

• Updated: Fri, October 28, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
Credit Collection Services
2 Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts United States of America

Credit Collection Services CCS Trying to collect a false debt. Newton, Massachusetts

On 7/13/2011 I decided to shop for new auto insurance. My Allstate coverage would have expired on 8/18/2011. I received a favorable telephone quote from Jacqueline Wilson, Farmers Insurance Agent, Memphis TN. However, when I received the written quote in my home email that night, the quote was hundreds of dollars more.

The very next morning, July 14, 2011, I sent Ms. Wilson an urgent e-mail requesting cancellation of the policy. In addition, I spoke to Ms. Wilson by phone and told her I had decided to remain with Allstate. She assured me the policy would be cancelled.

Later that month, I received a Farmers Notice of Cancellation dated 7/25/2011, effective on 7/22/2011. The problem with this is that my Allstate Insurance had never lapsed and I had no need for Farmers Insurance. I guess Ms.  Wilson, Farmers Insurance Group, and CCS does not understand that the consumer has 3-days to cancel almost anything without recourse!

Some time in late August 2011, CCS began harassing me for a $87.04 debt on behalf of the Farmers Insurance Group. I repeatedly recounted the above story, that I always had Allstate and had cancelled Farmers within 24 hours. They requested documentation: Allstate Policy Declaration, 7/14/11 cancellation email to Wilson, and copy of Farmers Notice of Cancellation. These items were faxed as requested. Wilson was copied with everything.

Two weeks later, I again started receiving harassing phone calls. I told Wilson and CCS that this harassment will STOP. On 10/28/2011, I initiated a complaint with the Farmers Insurance Group. My question to some attorney out there is: Can we not file a class action suit against CCS, as it seems their unscrupulous behavior is common? I can promise you that this emotional stress is too much-- being hounded for a debt that I am not responsible for! I don't care if they are asking for two pennies. I will NOT pay for something that I did not receive, or I cancelled in a timely manner!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2011 02:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Credit-Collection-Services-CCS-Trying-to-collect-a-false-debt-Newton-Massachusetts-793124. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services