phrase

• Updated: Wed, December 11, 2013

• Reported By: Jean — Mayfield Kentucky
Credit Collection Services
Two Wells Avenue Newton, Massachusetts USA

Credit Collection Services CCS lying about previoous phone calls, refusing to refund in timely manner Newton Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Still at it after all this time

I had an account sent to CCS for collection. This was not sent because I didn't take responsibility for the debt, but because i simply coud not pay it (Quest Labs). I received a statement from CCS telling me what my payment would be. I thought I could manage it, but was not able to. I called them as soon as i realized i could not pay the specified amount, and negotiated a lower figure. I was told the original amount would not be processed. Much to my surprise and chagrin (maybe should not too surprised after all), when I checked my bank account shortly after the due date, i found they had taken a payment out that i made over the phone, AND the amount I had originally said I couldn't pay. I was furious.

I called them and was told that it could take up to 30 days to get the refund. Since I had to pay my rent, I faxed the document in question to their fax number that i had been given. I was told they had received the fax on the same day i sent it. I was also told the refund was already in process, and I would have the refund by December 11. It did not appear in my account today. So I called them, and they denied the phone calls that i had made, and also told me that they never received the fax. I was also told they would BEGIN processing my refund today, the 11th, but it would take 30 days.

I signed a promissory note for my landlord with today's date on it, since I had been told I would have the money today. I could face eviction for not paying my whole rent (I paid as much as I could, since I was told what turned out to be lies.) I also told them when i was first discussing this matter that i expected to have them also pay my late fee (A girl can dream, can't she). They were not impressed. Bottom line: They lied to me, hid communicartion between us, and are taking more time than i was told it would take-after faxing the voucher in question to them. I need to find out to whom I can go about this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2013 08:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Credit-Collection-Services-CCS-lying-about-previoous-phone-calls-refusing-to-refund-in-t-1106087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services

Still at it after all this time

AUTHOR: Jean - ()

I have been given so many dates when my "refund" would be in my account, that my head is swimming. The latest date i was given was last week Friday, January third. Since my bank says it can take up to three days for this to happen, i waited till this morning to verify that the money was indeed in my account. Gee, BIG SURPRISE! The money is still, after three days, NOT in my account.

And now i am also unable to bring up their website on line. Also BIG surprise. I will be calling them later this morning, as soon after they open as i can, which is 7 am my time.  I do not believe ONE word they are telling me, and am about to file a complaint with the original debtor. This is unacceptabvle, and is certainly NOT the way to get people to pay their bills, when they are already having a tough time doing so.