Complaint Review: Credit Collection Services

• Updated: Fri, December 14, 2012

• Reported By: matthew — Bicknell Utah United States of America
Credit Collection Services
Two Wells Ave. Dept 9134 Newton, Massachusetts United States of America

Credit Collection Services Danielle Calcetta Collection Company Ripoff Newton, Massachusetts

I owe Farmers Insurance Co. $28.00.  For some reason, rather than my agent calling me and talking to me, he opted to send my account to CCS in the amount of $78.00.  CCS then attempted collection by mail and phone.  I made an offer to pay $30.00 to CCS.  CCS stated that the least they could accept was $48.00.  I said this was fine and requested that they bill me for a balance due of $48.00.  Danielle at CCS stated that they couldn't do that but they could put $48.00 as the settlement amount on my printable account statement if I would pay by credit card.  I immediately grew suspicious but agreed to access my account and pay the $48.00.  Upon accessing my account they did indeed put $48.00 as the settlement due amount, but when it came time to begin inputing my bank information there was another option of paying the account in full for $78.00.  At this point, I knew I was being scammed so I printed out the statement showing a settlement of $48.00 and then called CCS again.  When I talked to Joanne Dove (Danielle wasn't available) she stated that there was no settlement and that I would have to pay the full amount of $78.00.  My reply to them was, "do not make any attempt to contact me in any fashion other than a court summons".  I am looking forward to facing these thieves in court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Credit-Collection-Services-Danielle-Calcetta-Collection-Company-Ripoff-Newton-Massachuse-982357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services