Complaint Review: Credit Collection Services

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: ANTISCAM — norton Massachusetts United States of America
Credit Collection Services
Two Wells Ave Newton, Massachusetts United States of America

Credit Collection Services Fishing for my Insurance Information Newton, Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Update

*General Comment: Call your insurance company and the police!

Received a call from this agency asking about an "incident" that they said occurred in May 2012.  I asked what incident they were talking about and they wouldnt tell me just said it was an incident with a black truck.  I dont have a black truck and never had an "incident" with it. The caller was being very evasive, I got irritated and asked her not to call me again and I hung up

I got a letter from them "Warning Notice" asking for my insurance agency.  Why would I give them my insurance agency so they can actually find out what type of car I drive.  They apparently dont know.  They are fishing for information.  Has anyone who ignored this had it affect their credit?

Our next steps are to go to our insurance agent to see if they are familiar with them. Then we go see our lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 05:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Newton-Massachusetts-02459/Credit-Collection-Services-Fishing-for-my-Insurance-Information-Newton-Massachusetts-943899. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services

Update

AUTHOR: ANTISCAM - (United States of America)

So yesterday we spoke to the attorney generals office who gave us some guidance. We sent a registered letter to the collection agency asking them to cease and desist.  We also had the insurance agency contact Geico, the agency claiming we owed money.  They had the wrong person. Just because someone else had the same name and they had no address for them, their practice was to go after anyone with the same name requiring me to prove they were wrong.  It should be illegal to go after people at random and start harassing them with no actual proof they are the right person.  This agency who should be shut down.

#2 General Comment

Call your insurance company and the police!

AUTHOR: Bubba - (Canada)

Sounds like a serious scam

If they figure out the plate # on your car I will bet you will have a insurance claim against you.