Complaint Review: Credit Collection Services

Credit Collection Services
Newton, Massachusetts U.S.A.

Credit Collection Services Scam Newton Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Regarding 9.95 fee using check #9999

Via the mail, I received a Warning Notice from Credit Collection Services stating that I owed $20 for a canceled Farmers Insurance Group policy. I was on my way out of town so paid the $20 via the URL provided in the notice rather than calling to inquire about it. BIG MISTAKE! Since then, my checking account is being tapped of small amounts...$9.95. They are actually drafting paper checks and sending them through, with check numbers like 9999.

I talked to BofA Check Fraud Dept. and was advised to close my bank account as a means of securing it against further hits. When I asked if I could put the creditor on a DO NOT PAY list for my account, the CS rep mentioned that the scamming company would probably continue to draft checks and list a different creditor name.

SO>>>I will be closing my account.

LA
Hermosa Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/Newton-Massachusetts/Credit-Collection-Services-Scam-Newton-Massachusetts-418153. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services

Regarding 9.95 fee using check #9999

AUTHOR: Karen - (U.S.A.)

when you paid this claim you would have had to hit accept and it states this is a convenience fee which immediately updates account and stops collections on account....