Jim

• Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: Janet — Bloomington Indiana United States of America
Credit Collection Services
Two Wells Avenue, Newton MA Internet United States of America

Credit Collection Services Billed me for $18.83 for lab work on a date I didn't have that service. The hospital who they supposedly got the collection from had no record of sending anything to collection. My account is paid in , Internet

I was billed for the balance, so the collection service. says, what my insurance did not pay, which was $18.83 for lab work on a date In which I had not yet had service for. The collection letter said the bills were returned from the post office undeliverable and I may not have received any bills. I contacted my supposedly creditor who was a medical lab. They said they had not sent anything on me to collections. My account was paid in full. I contacted the collection service again and told them what I had found out. They had nothing to say.

Red flags were raised when I read about not receiving any bills due to them being returned as undeliverable. Also when the billing date was before the date of service. I'm so glad I took the initiative to check things out as I'm sure most people wouldn't for such a small amount. I asked for a bill they received but I have to request that in writing within 30 days of receipt of my notice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2012 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Collection-Services/internet/Credit-Collection-Services-Billed-me-for-1883-for-lab-work-on-a-date-I-didnt-have-tha-954212. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Collection Services