Complaint Review: Credit Education Group First Choice Dollar Assoc.

• Submitted: Wed, April 30, 2003
  • Updated: Sat, May 24, 2003

• Reported By:Lemon Grove California
Credit Education Group First Choice Dollar Assoc.
6929 JFK Blvd. 20-294 North Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Credit Education Group First Choice Dollar Assoc. ripoff - I was assured the transaction was cancelled, but it wasn't. North Little Rock Arkansas

*Author of original report: I got nowhere talking to "Fiona", and was referred to "Sharon"

*Author of original report: Some sort of follow up? where are my rights and is this just more crap to shove up

I fell for it, lock, stock and barrel! The whole piece of pie, etc. Being on SSI and recovering, (financially and physically, the offer to help rebuild my credit was too good to be true. I agreed to all, but after discussing it again with my wife, we decided against it for now.
I called the 800 number the next day and I was assured the transaction was cancelled. I neglected to cover my myself and do same with the bank.

Timothy
Lemon Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2003 01:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group-First-Choice-Dollar-Assoc/North-Little-Rock-Arkansas-72116/Credit-Education-Group-First-Choice-Dollar-Assoc-ripoff-I-was-assured-the-transaction-w-55122. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group First Choice Dollar Assoc.

I got nowhere talking to "Fiona", and was referred to "Sharon"

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

On 05/20/2003, a "Fiona" answered the phone after four days of trying at random on the phone to a number includede within the "Credit Repair" , package as "customer service" if there were any questions. (1-866-310-0695.) I got nowhere talking to "Fiona", and was referred to "Sharon" at, 1-866-646-8386,which is also in the paperwork as where to call AFTER you send in the forms to the address above. I was told if I filled out the forms and fax them to this number in Canada, supplied: 1-775-205-2482, also making sure that I sign the application in BLACK ink I would receive a card in fifteen days, this from "Simi Donald." What next?

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

After filing my intial report with RipoffReport.com I received on May 15,2003 a US Postal Service Priority Mail w/"Delivery Confirmation", sealed package. In this was a cd, (no label), a "credit manual" titled,Credit 101, a Comprehensive Guide To Understanding Your Credit Rights. A two page document offering free help and an intial consultation with a credit conseler. Include also, An invitation for a free Master Card/Visa. There-in lies an answer: they reserve the "right" to select the financial institution that is responsible for issuing said card. If I receive 3 letters of denial I will be provided a complete refund, immediately. If no letters, no refund Bottom line here is: I cancelled, ( which was ok'd)this transaction.If they reserve the "right", where are my rights and is this just more crap to shove up......