Complaint Review: Credit Education Group-First Choice

• Submitted: Mon, April 28, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, April 28, 2003

• Reported By:Ada Ohio
Credit Education Group-First Choice
10624 S. Eastern Ave. Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Credit Education Group- First Choice ripoff Las Vegas Nevada

Ok--Here's what I know about this scam. Being a law student I should know better, but I was an idiot. This company called and said that I could get a credit card for 296 dollars and that they would send me some paperwork to sign.

I did and they finally sent me this stuff. It was a copied form and some "bullshit" packets about credit counseling. DO NOT FILL IT OUT-- You are giving them vital info that they can use to get other cards in your name! I did some research and found out that First Choice is an alias of Rockwell Holding which got busted in Illinois for the same stuff. Well I called the Ohio Attorney General's Office to report them, as well as filling out an affadavit of fraud with my bank. That might get my money back.

My advice is to anyone who has been scammed is to close their bank account and get a new one. The other website I found has said that they continued to debit accounts illegally. If anyone would like to start a class action against this company, please contact me at sjm4880@aol.com. Thanks.

SJM

Steven
Ada, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2003 09:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group-First-Choice/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89052/Credit-Education-Group-First-Choice-ripoff-Las-Vegas-Nevada-54870. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group-First Choice