Complaint Review: Credit Education Group, First Dollar Choice

• Submitted: Thu, April 29, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, April 29, 2004

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
Credit Education Group, First Dollar Choice
10624 S. Eastern Avenue #435 Henderson, Nevada U.S.A.

Credit Education Group, First Dollar Choice misleading, ripoff, Henderson Nevada

Louise from Credit Education Group, First Choice Dollar, contacted me and stated that i qualify for over 20 credit cards and if I'd like to take advantage of this offer. I asked her how much it would cost, she stated $296. I told her that I'd have to think about it and if she could call me back.

Sure enough, she did call me back the next day. She asked if I had thought about it, and I said no, but I asked if these were visa cards or just generic store cards, and she ensured me that they were visa credit cards. I told her I'd think about it. I kept giving her the run around. Finally, she got me on the phone and I told her that if she can guarantee me that at least one of the cards that i'm qualified for is in fact $2500 and I will in fact get one. Of course she said yes.

I then went ahead and gave them my information and account number. I then called them back after 4 weeks and the customer service person told me that it takes a while. What was interesting is that at the time, I asked him if i still will be getting a card with a limit of at least $2500 and he told me that actually there is no guarantee as to the limit of credit I will get but most people are not dissatisfied with their credit limit. I told him that the person Louise who called me guaranteed me that I would get this card with a limit of at least $2500, and he stated that she shouldn't have guaranteed that.

Anyway, months went by and still no card, but I did get this credit education packet from them. It was an adobe acrobat e-text about credit. I didn't pay for this. It's now been a year and still nothing. I have been calling back. I dealt with my bank, and they said they couldn't do anything about it. I was only allowed to file a complaint with them.

Operator Name: Louise
Operator Number: 3238
Customer Service Number: 1 866 310 0695

G.C.
Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2004 06:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group-First-Dollar-Choice/Henderson-Nevada-89052/Credit-Education-Group-First-Dollar-Choice-misleading-ripoff-Henderson-Nevada-89570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group, First Dollar Choice

continuous