Complaint Review: Credit Education Group

• Submitted: Wed, October 01, 2003
  • Updated: Wed, October 01, 2003

• Reported By:nacogdoches Texas
Credit Education Group
1502 Niagra St. Buffalo, New York U.S.A.

Credit Education Group ripoff no interest credit card got package with useless pamphlets and a cd rom JUNK! Buffalo New York

In May I was taken also by the same scum that hundreds of other people have encountered. I was told that I had applied for a credit card within the last month and was denied, and they could help with their program.

It was true that I had been denied and I was interested in their help. The female on the other line said that she could get me a visa or mastercard with no interest. All that I had to do is to pay the minimum balance every month. This process would help me to get my credit better. She explained that I would have to pay 299 dollars to join the group.

I asked for all the information that a one would think to ask, but the answers seemed to be true and legit. I told the woman that I did not have a credit card and would not be able to pay. She said that it was okay and I could pay with a check. I still was not sure about it so I told the woman that I would think about it. She called back the next day, and a few days later the check cleared.

After about a month past I started calling back wondering were the card was. The line constantly busy. Sometimes when I did get through I was put on hold then hung up on. After many atempts I finally got in and talk to a female who gave me another number to call for my question. That number too does not work.

After two months of calling I was sent a package. This package contained pamphlets and a cd rom that is useless. There was no card in this package, just junk. I have still tried many more times to contact this company, but no success. If anyone can help me please contact me.

nacogdoches, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2003 07:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group/Buffalo-New-York-14213/Credit-Education-Group-ripoff-no-interest-credit-card-got-package-with-useless-pamphlets-a-68041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group