Complaint Review: Credit Education Group

• Submitted: Fri, April 18, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, April 18, 2003

• Reported By:madison Ohio
Credit Education Group
North Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Credit Education Group Aka First Choice ripoff,took $298.00 out of my bank account North Little Rock Arkansas

I received a phone call in late March offering me a credit card with a $2500 limit from Credit Education Group. The money was debited out of my account 04/04/2003. I was to receive my credit card and credit repair information within 7 to 10 days from the time I paid the $298.

I was able to reach someone last week at 1-888-414-0068. The person said I would be receiving the credit card in a few days. This week the number is always busy. I searched the web but did not find them listed anywhere until today I found your site and their name with many complaints, addresses and phone numbers.

I went to my bank and filed a dispute for fraud. When I returned home I wrote an email to ripoff. I got a recording when I tried one of the customer service numbers listed for Credit Education Group and left a message with my phone number, name and the news that I had been to my bank and had filed a dispute. I demanded my money back.

Though I feel foolish for falling for their credit repair scam I am so glad I found the Ripoff Web Site. Thanks so much for the work you do to inform the consumer.

Victoria
madison, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2003 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group/North-Little-Rock-Arkansas-72116/Credit-Education-Group-Aka-First-Choice-ripofftook-29800-out-of-my-bank-account-North-L-53532. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group