Complaint Review: Credit Education Group

• Submitted: Fri, May 02, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, May 02, 2003

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Credit Education Group
6929 JFK Boulevard 20-294 North Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.A.

Credit Education Group ripoff dishonest fraudulent sales pitch scam con artists North Little Rock Arkansas

I was in a grocery store when I received the call on my cell phone. I was not prepared for telemarketers or sales people to reach me on my cell phone.
I must admit to being in dire need of extra money as I'm sure almost everyone is. They started off by telling me this call was due to recent rejections of credit card applications which were in fact true. I realize that getting further into credit card debt is like taking from Peter to pay Paul but when you are desperate you do not think rationally.

I was told I needed to have $296.00 available in my checking account as a 1 time processing fee. They guaranteed me a Master Card from Bank of America for $2500 credit limit.

We had agreed on a date & they debited the funds 7 days prior to the agreed date which caused an overdraft & penalty fees in my account. This prompted me to call(866)310-0695 & complain. They then gave me a tele#1(888)646-8386 supposedly for the Corporate Office, someone by the name of Allison actually answered the call & said they would call me back within the hour after reviewing the verification tape. Needless to say I never received a call back & both tele# are constantly busy now.

April Fooled
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2003 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Group/North-Little-Rock-Arkansas-72116/Credit-Education-Group-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-sales-pitch-scam-con-artists-North-Litt-55458. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Group