Complaint Review: Credit Education Service, Benifits Group

• Submitted: Mon, February 28, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, February 28, 2005

• Reported By:Colchaetsr Connecticut
Credit Education Service, Benifits Group
P.O. Box 1578 Champlaign,, New York U.S.A.

Credit Education Service, Benifits Group ripoff took personal identification to offer me a credit card to re-build my credit customer service won't give me phone number or web address to research them Champlaign New York

I was contacted by a company that called themselve "The Benifits Group" a credit educational service. Against my better judgement I gave my personal banking information to obtain a credit card with a $2500.00 credit limit. There wasa one time $299.00 activation fee by "The Benifits Group" and was told the card would have no monthly or yearly service charges, an interest rate locked in at 8.97% for purchases and 12.0% for cash withdrawls. My credit stinks and I lost track of the fact of giving my info without further investigation. After my phone call with operator #215 I called the customer service number I was given to find more information. All he could give me was a P.O. Box address. I am not sure if this is a rip-off or if this company hasn't learned how to conduct business in the customer service, customer contact area.

Colchester, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2005 08:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Education-Service-Benifits-Group/Champlaign-New-York-12919/Credit-Education-Service-Benifits-Group-ripoff-took-personal-identification-to-offer-me-a-133115. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Education Service, Benifits Group