Complaint Review: Credit First National Association - Firestone

• Updated: Thu, May 05, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Peoria Illinois United States of America
Credit First National Association - Firestone
PO Box 81344 Internet, Ohio United States of America

Credit First National Association - Firestone Tires Plus Late Fees for Paying On Time Internet, Ohio

*Author of original report: Resolved

I have had this Tires Plus account since early 2008. I go and pay my monthly bill at the Tires Plus location on Brandywine Drive in Peoria, Illinois, which is where I got the account. And it should be noted that the bills always say they are Tires Plus, that is the only logo on the bill, yet they list CFNA's address with that logo. So when I go pay Tires Plus on time, I figure my part is done. Anyways, I always pay before the due date, and 9 times out of 10 I pay more than the minimum, and I always pay CASH. I am always due on the 3rd of every month. So for February 3rd 2010, I went in and paid cash at Tires Plus during mid day on February 2nd. I got my statement for March earlier this week, and there is a $38 late fee as Credit First in Ohio did not receive the payment I made at Tires Plus until February 4th, even though I retained my receipt showing I paid on time. So I try to call service, the number listed on the bill. I could not get through to a person no matter what I did calling the listed 800-321-3950 number. So I called the Tires Plus location in Peoria, and they gave me a different number to call service. I got right through to someone at CFNA by calling 800-321-1150. The lady on the phone was actually friendly, and based on my great credit history, she offered to refund me the fee if they got my money on time for March, so we will see if she does what she said she would do. Bottom line is this, I am paying for something that I had no control over or knowledge about. The monthly statement does not say you have to account for a certain amount of time to have the payment go from TP to CFNA. The lady on the phone could not even give me a specific amount of time, oh just pay a few days before your due date is what she said. I inquired about automatic electronic payments out of my bank account to avoid a similar issue from happening again, well the same problem is there with that route too. Just because you setup an ACH on a date, does not mean that is the date you paid CFNA. I have never in my life come across such a screwy creditor, and I have dealt with A LOT of creditors over the years. It is not my fault they are separate companies, even though they are integrated together. So why can't they take responsibility and go by the date I paid Tires Plus, especially when it is cash and does not need to clear a bank? There is no excuse for this crap except for a greedy irresponsible creditor. This country has no more room for places like CFNA, and shame on them for being in business. I always pay all of my bills, but why should I continue paying CFNA when I get punished for paying on time?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2010 08:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-First-National-Association-Firestone/Internet-Ohio-44188-0344/Credit-First-National-Association-Firestone-Tires-Plus-Late-Fees-for-Paying-On-Time-Inte-571768. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit First National Association - Firestone

Resolved

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (United States of America)

Issue was resolved, please remove this entire report.