Complaint Review: Credit First National Association

• Submitted: Thu, July 16, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, July 16, 2009

• Reported By:Peoria Illinois
Credit First National Association
www.cfna.com Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Credit First National Association I asked for help due to job loss. Offered skip month. Charged late fee. Cleveland Ohio

I lost my job in January. I have a credit card for Firestone that I have been trying to pay off. I never seen any offering of insurance for protection before my layoff. I made my payment on May 23 and wrote a letter to them about the insurance which they had online for enrollment on May 26. I told them that I was laid off and money was getting tight. I asked if there was any way that they could help. I got an answer saying that I could skip one month payment without penalty. This was on May27.

I scheduled another payment July 3 just to cover finance charge for skipped month. It finally posted on July 7. I was shocked to see a late fee tacked on. When I contacted them about it they replied that the skipped month was supposed to be on the month already paid in full.

If I asked for help and this is the way that they help, I don't need this kind of help. Money is already tight and now I have to pay an extra 39.00. I asked but they will not budge on late fee.

Sue
Peoria, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2009 08:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-First-National-Association/Cleveland-Ohio-44188-0344/Credit-First-National-Association-I-asked-for-help-due-to-job-loss-Offered-skip-month-Ch-470581. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit First National Association