Complaint Review: Credit First National Bank:Firestone Card

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:San Diego California
Credit First National Bank:Firestone Card
P.O. Box 81344 Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Credit First National Bank:Firestone Card Scam: Setup to be delinquent Cleveland, OH 44188-0344 Cleveland Ohio

I went in to a Firestone tire center to buy some tires. I was offered a credit so I accepted to take advantage ot the 90day no interest. I received the credit card within 30 days but I never received a bill. I honestly forgot about the account, my fault for not following up. About four months later I receive a collections letter in the mail with some fines added on to my balance. I called the number provided but I was always sent to the automated service which kept me on hold for more than 30minutes about three times. I gave up on the call the first two times. When I finally did contact an actual person all she did was verbally abuse me. I told her all I wanted was to pay off the balance but I need an address but all she kept saying was "sir, you haven't paid you bill, what do you expect". Finally she told me that a bill would be sent out but it never arrived. At first I wanted to dispute the fines but then all I wanted to do is payoff the balance, including the fines, to just get rid of them but I this was more difficult than it had to be.

I gave up on CFNA customer service and took a proactive approach and called my bank to get a billing address for CFNA and had them send my payment electronically. I worked. I finally paid off the bill and have no existing balance with them but I am having difficulties closing this account. I am having an attorney friend call on my behalf to see if they will respond.

HFP
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-First-National-BankFirestone-Card/Cleveland-Ohio-44188-0344/Credit-First-National-BankFirestone-Card-Scam-Setup-to-be-delinquent-Cleveland-OH-44188-288867. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit First National Bank:Firestone Card