Complaint Review: Credit Gold Line

• Submitted: Thu, January 24, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, January 24, 2008

• Reported By:Suffield Connecticut
Credit Gold Line
505 E. Windmill Ln. #1b-201 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Credit Gold Line Made it sound to good to be true. When i denied the card they put two different people on the telephone to convince me until i finally gave in. Las Vegas Nevada

I got a phone call today while i was at the doctors and i missed the call. When i got out i called them back and i heard a beep and then someone say something i didnt really understand. Then the person on the phone said hello Laura we are calling about the line of credit you asked about. I stayed on the phone because i previously applied for a car loan and since they knew my name i made the assumption that it was about that. Well the lady on the phone started telling me about the card but said before she went any further she would need my bank routing number. I was hesitant and said i did not have it available however it was right next to me. She then assured me that this was only checking to make sure that i have a checking account so she could further put in my approval.

Well after about five minutes of me telling her that i do not want to give it i gave in because i was assured that it was just checking. After she clarified that i had a open checking account she finally began explaining more. I than told her that i was so hesitant to give the checking number because my boyfriend had just recieved a fake credit card in the mail and i did not want to get in the same perdiciment as him. She then told me that this was 100% real. She went on for about 10 minutes then a recording came on in which i had to say yes or no.

After i realized that they take money out of my checking account i then refused the service. The woman came back on the phone and asked what was the matter and i said i do not want this card. I am not interested. I could here a man in the background telling her what to say to me and i really was just getting frustrated. I didnt want to hang up the phone however because they had my information already.

After i refused it about three more times someone else came on the phone and tryed. I refused it for them as well until finally im guessing the guy that was telling them what to say before came on the phone and started telling me all about it and how it will help me. He said he gets about 10 thank you calls a day and he is just trying to help me. I was so frustrated at this point that i agreed and figured i could cancel it if there was nothing i liked and he said that i would get my $250 back in vouchers that i could send in so it was like sending no money. I later realized that this was a scam and i plan on calling my bank early tomorrow to try to stop payment. Dont let this happen to you.

Laura
Suffield, Connecticut

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2008 02:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Credit-Gold-Line/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89123/Credit-Gold-Line-Made-it-sound-to-good-to-be-true-When-i-denied-the-card-they-put-two-dif-302897. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Credit Gold Line